a suggestion !!!!!

• Marking a suggestion with so many ! does not only sound like commanding them to do so it is also very rude. And as dhwz said: DreamOS uses a different solution.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• i am not commanding anyone (excuse for my english) i'm just asking politely if it's easy to them to do something like it's ok but if not it's also ok ,,, it works with other image but the problem is i love the dmm image with its features specially the blue panel :smiling_face: and its very simple to use and the blue graphic is amazing :thumbs_up:

• the solution is in file epgcache.cpp the interval of updating is 60min (60000) so what if it change to 10 min so the epgcache will update every 10min and you will find favorite show in the channelselection screen or epggraphic easily without zapping the channels.. when it comes to short event for exemple disney junior (event duration 10min) after 20 min you will find the epgcache empty

• What you are referring to means the provider is not sending an EPG at all (only NOW/NEXT) which means this is not really Dreams problem. As NOW/NEXT is not EPG.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• i am the talking about the providers MHW like french spanish & NC+ packages which provide only (NOW/NEXT) but the whole package depends in the interval update of epgcache to provider (NOW/next) to other channels in the same package .. i am not talking about channels like ZDF because they have a weekly epg so the update of epgcache is useless

• stop e2 in DreamOS remove epg.db then start e2 and zap to a single channel until now next is shown, then ioen channellist and check what epg other channels on same transponder are showing. And OpenEPG or EPGImporter Plugin will give you much more than now/next....

• the now/next event has nothing to do with the epgcache take a look at this pictures :

in the infobar the now/next is presented but in the EPG there is only one event .. i wanna show you that the now/next is only for unique channel but the epgcache is the whole packages (i mean MOVISt*R+ or CANALFRANCE) not only the same transponder ..

• i tested they will send a new epg data after 60min (1h) because the dreamOS is programing to make update after 60 min here is the reference from opendreambox usr/include/enigma2/lib/dvb/epgcache.h:

in the file you can see
    #define CLEAN_INTERVAL 60000 // 1 min
    #define UPDATE_INTERVAL 3600000 // 60 min
    #define ZAP_DELAY 2000 // 2 sek

the openpli team already make an option to change the interval i tested and it works

i wonder if someone from the OPENDREAMBOX team could build for me an image
    (he could take his time as he want) with this change or patch please:

- define UPDATE_INTERVAL 3600000 // 60 min
    + define UPDATE_INTERVAL 6000 // 1 min

please i need
    desperately

• no you don't need as you can trigger an epg cache reload from python any time you wish. This is not the old e2 anymore, which makes your workaround obsolete.

• And if you use the search you'll see that there was already such a request in the past.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• no you don't need as you can trigger an epg cache reload from python any time you wish. This is not the old e2 anymore, which makes your workaround obsolete.

how can i trigg an epg cache reload from python ??? a little help please which file?? eventview ??? epglist ??

• And if you use the search you'll see that there was already such a request in the past.

well i see it and there was an option for the updating for the epg is that a plugin ??? and what's his name ???

He already gave you the answer earlier, you should have just checked the OpenEPG or EPGImporter code.

Hint: eEPGCache

i will test it :smiling_face:

• if you start repeating the (for DreamOS wrong) question, should we repeat you the answers ?