i have 4 satellite dishes how to get FBC useful? should i use 4 unicable lnb?

• There is something wrong with the latest version of dm900 drivers regarding unicable II (issue starts with October's update, but I am not quite sure about exact time). I found out that after specific time my 4 Inverto LNBs lock to single frequency (not to user band, what's strange that all 4 LNBs lock at the same frequency on which active tuner has been tuned) and I cannot tune any channel with another frequency since then. I always get "tuning failed" message. In rare cases even power off of the LNBs doesn't help (usually does). And now a little explanation why I wrote this.

A few days ago I was able to tweak the settings of PC tuning application for my PC dvb card and since then this PC card always works. It is always able to tune any frequency from any LNB even when my "LNB 4-block" is in locked state. Moreover, it unlocks it and since then it's possible to tune channels on dm900 again. It means that once the LNBs stuck on single frequency then I am able to unlock them by starting of PC tuning application. I'm almost sure that there is something wrong with the tuning in the enigma2/driver. I can see difference in PIN possibilities (PC card has specific PIN for specific user band, once I deactivate PIN then I am not able to tune it too) and yesterday I also tested the outgoing signal on my dm900 on digital scope. There is quite wide tolerance for power pulse for diseqc command. I saw that standard timing of sequence 18V-diseqc-14V should be approx. 100ms but from time to time there is almost 3-times longer time period (280ms) and regularly varies between these two values. It can be simply replicated and measured this way. I guess that there must be some side branch (or waiting loop for a driver?) which causes such difference in timing. I don't see any difference in PC tuning application, there is still the same switching interval 150ms, neither shorter nor longer. I guess that 120ms should be enough but in my case the PIN functionality is crucial otherwise I am not able to switch the channel once the LNBs lock. I use the latest experimental version from 2018/11/27, FBC S2 tuner (not S2X version) and 4x Inverto IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP LNBs. If you want, I can test it.

I tested also Unicable Editor plugin but it didn't find unicable.xml file anywhere in my /etc/ folder and it's subfolders. Maybe it works for matrix setup or switch only but my configuration is 4x LNB with combiners, splitters and power inserters.

• Here is NOT the Kit and support Thread for the Unicable XML Editor Plugin. but it creates nicely the unicable.xml on /etc/enigma2 if you use XML creation on Yellow button as it is intended. And it also includes PINs when you press menu to enable enhanced setup.

Finally if you have timing problems you will need enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satelliteequipmentcontrol Plugin to be able to change these.

• It's not classic timing problem. How can you tweak exact values while default time varies by almost 300%? I don't need to tweak the time after diseqc change or time after voltage drop (only these 2 can be set) for some specific switch to be able complete switching process. Time for diseqc command (18V-diseqc-14V) is the issue, especially inconsistency of its duration. I can insert the pulse pictures from the scope if you want. This is separate issue from the next and maybe it's not the root cause of my issue (but may relate to it, it's at least strange behavior).

The plugin can set only one unicable LNB at a time so it is not much useful for me. In enhanced mode it also crashes the enigma during start with the message:

where on the line 17 there is only </lnb> which definitely matches previous <lnb>. Anyway, as I wrote, it's not the correct tool for me, I guess.

I also checked NimManager.py file which parse system config (and also unicable.xml). It simply checks pin usability and once used then assign the pin for lnb (not for the user band as it should). I wonder how it could pass more pins for a single lnb once the parser doesn't support it. As you wrote earlier, it would be nice to support it. I would say that once it claims that it supports unicable II/jess, it should support also complete pin logic. There are cases (like mine) where it's used and necessary. I've asked the manufacturer for advice and I get the message that system must support unicable II in all aspects otherwise they cannot guarantee correct functionality. It is quite expected reaction from their side, and obviously they're right, specification is clear.

• I found out that PIN mechanism doesn't work at all with my FBC twin tuner (it's labeled as 8S2I FBC Tuner v03). I have assigned one (doesn't matter the same or different) user band per each of my 4 unicable II LNBs. The same setup works on my PC dvb card with PIN active and PC card is always able tune a channel. But receiver still ends up with tuning failed message. When I set exactly the same user band for the receiver and for PC card and then tune a channel on PC card, the receiver can tune channels with the same frequency. Immediately after I switch off PC software the signal on receiver drops to zero and I get tuning failed message again.

For testing purpose I have replaced FBC tuner in my dm900 by old one from dm800se (single tuner) and everything immediately works rock stable. I can select single band from each LNB and together with PIN it works correctly. If I disable PIN protection mechanism, as expected, tuner is not able tune anything (it works exactly the same as my PC card). Now I am sure that PIN mechanism is crucial for correct function of my LNB equipment.

Back to my original problem - something seems to be wrong with either my FBC tuner (but it works with any legacy LNB and even single unicable LNB) or (most likely) with its driver, especially with the processing of PIN protection of user bands.
    Is it possible to shift this information to the Ghost in order to look at this particular question? Thanks.

Edit:
    The single tuner has the same issue, it only took him longer to lock the LNBs. So also here PIN mechanism doesn't work properly.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von oldgringo ()