LCN Scanner as plugin or native option

• Hi, now is some time that dreamos/enigma2 isn't only for dvb-s/2 systems and supports also others standards. LCN or logical channel numbering is a feature of dvb-t/2 for having a universal ordering of the channels. For old e2 there was a plugin (isettingse2) which did the job but unfortunately it wasn't ported to dreamos. Would be great to have this feature on dreamos as standard plugin or a system one. I know that I can order the channels manually but having it done automatically would be much better. Thanks for your time anyway

• There was never such a plugin for Dreamboxes it was for competitor's devices. I still don't see why anyone would like to have a fix channel order given by the provider. I've set up my channellists a few years back and only had to do some minor changes over time (e.g. replacing SD by HD).

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• There was never such a plugin for Dreamboxes it was for competitor's devices. I still don't see why anyone would like to have a fix channel order given by the provider. I've set up my channellists a few years back and only had to do some minor changes over time (e.g. replacing SD by HD).

On open* images it works also on dreamboxes so not really a competitor feature. I'm not talking about a fixed channel order but the possibility to auto-reorder a bouquet using the lcn keeping the possibility to make manual adjustments. The usefulness of this is particularly when new channels are added and pushed directly into the bouquet in a not so unlogical position. In addition not all lcn orderings are so bad, for example here in italy dvb-t ordering is maintained enough well.

• Open*-images were mainly built to bring features of Dreamboxes on non-Dreamboxes. There's a website for the above mentioned plugin. It also has a donate button. So, you could ask them to port it to DreamOS in return for a donation.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Open*-images were mainly built to bring features of Dreamboxes on non-Dreamboxes. There's a website for the above mentioned plugin. It also has a donate button. So, you could ask them to port it to DreamOS in return for a donation.

Yes I could and will do that but afaik it still needs a patch to the e2-core.

• no it doesn't if you know how :smiling_face:

But the whole Idea is weird ....