Dreambox Tuner Dvb-C & T2 for Dm7020Hdv2

• Hi Everyone, I am looking for a good Dvb-C/T2 tuner for my Dm7020Hdv2 with good recording feature.

I have found that the Dvb-S2 (DVB-S2 FBC Twin Tuner has 8 demodulators) tuner have the ability to watch, stream or record simultaneously stations from 8 different transponders.

My queries are,

• Is there such a tuner for the Dvb-C/T2 with the ability I had mentioned above?
    • If there is item 1, what will be the actual name and model of this Dvb-C/T2 tuner?
    • I had been cheated by 2 sellers before, could someone recommend an honest international seller please?

Thanks very much

• forget it, fbc and triple tuners will not work on these old dreamboxes.

only, twin c/t2 is supported, so choice is easy.

• Hi Gutemine,Dre & Belp, thanks very much for the quick reply.

@gutemine,
    This twin c/t2 tuner you had mentioned, is there a model no that I could specified to the seller when I am buying? The reason I ask was because a seller had sold me one that could not work (scan for channels, view Tv programmes) in new images, he said it will work only in original images. Is this true?

@dre,
    The reason I wanted to buy a Dvb-c/t2 tuner is because my local Tv cable transmission is changing to Dvb-T2. As per your statement, does it mean T2 will works if the transmitted Tv’s programmes is in H264 format?

@Belp,
    Is there any other international seller?

Best Regards to All

• Yes, but I find it strange that a cable provider switches to DVB-T2. So, the signal will only be provided over the air in the future?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Hi Everyone, as I had been cheated before on the purchase of this Dvb C/T2 twin tuner, so could someone please tell me the actual part number or model number of this Dvb-C/T2 twin tuner that is for Dm7020Hdv2 and will work with any latest images?
    Thanks

• Hi Everyone, on the bottom right of the picture I had attached earlier had a marking “A”, does this means it’s an early version?

As for the latest tuner model no: Si21692C that has a letter “C” behind means a marking “C” should be on the tuner and not “A”?
    Thanks in advance

• Hi Everyone, my 2nd tuner purchase had arrived, but very disappointedly I am being cheated again, tuner B is spoil. This is my 3rdtime already.
    Could someone recommend me an honest seller for the hybrid dual Dvb-C/T2 tuner please?
    Thanks very much

• I do NOT believe that you always get sent broken tuners. What do you mean with 'spoil'? What image are you using?

• I think he/she is NOT using the official DreamOS firmware in the box. The new SiLabs tuners don't work with every image (OpenPli/OpenATV etc). The necessary drivers are missing.. Have ordered two new twin tuners for my DM800se boxes. I almost discarded the boxes because of their age. They were still in 100% working condition. With these new tuners I converted them from DVB-S2 into twin DVB-C/T2. One box went to my daughter for use in her bedroom, the other I kept as spare.. Dream was just in time with the release of these new tuners..

• this is the reason why I'm asking ....

• @Belp
    Thanks very much for the recommendation.
    @gutemine
    The first time was not a tuner but a Stb that is spoiled. If this happen to anyone, I am sure no one would goes back to the shop anymore. As advised I uses the original dreamOs which find tuner A is working but tuner B is not.
    @mimisiku
    Initially I was using OpenPli and other images but later try it on dreamOs and only then I realise it only works in original dreamOs.
    Thanks & Best Regards to All

• Thre is NO DremOS for the old 7020hd v1/v2