MovieSelection, TimerEdit - buttons not in use

• Hi again,

Could it be nice to code red, green, yellow and blue button with possibillity to use conditionalshowhide converter for them if no string for each is shown? It does not look good if you dont install MovieTagger, and it also will open up for use of "not activated" button (grey) showing instead.

Also TimerEdit have this issue. I also see in python code that someone added this: "#FIXME.... this doesnt hide the buttons self.... just the text"

These screens are one of the most used screens in E2, and should look nice for everybody. :smiling_face:

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• root meant the plugin movieselection quickbutton for movielist

*****************************************************************************

('''... Gruß Ketschuss ...''')
    DM920uHD, DM900uHD, DmTwo,DM520
    Team-Member Project Merlin - we are opensource

• I just want the buttons pixmaps to dissapear when its not in use. Something like this:

Code
    <ePixmap pixmap="path/to/buttons/grey.png" position="70,637" size="24,24" alphatest="blend" />
    		<widget source="key_red" render="Pixmap" pixmap="path/to/button/red.png" position="70,637" size="24,24" alphatest="blend">
    			<convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
    		</widget>

this will show grey button (deactivated) when nothing is possible with the key.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• Kann man aber denke ich nicht willkürlich setzen.
    Bei AudioSelection gehts z.B.

• You can hide buttons. But only when they are defined with a widget.

That was the requested feature I wanted! :smiling_face:

And yes, in AudioSelection it is coded to hide red and green button when in subtitle mode. I hope we can get this done for all other code in original image that are missing such coding. There might also be more code than TimerEdit and MovieSelection that are missing it.

All these system plugins are used by everybody, all the time, and it should work with hiding buttons not in use, because we want it to look perfect with grey button wich indicate that the button is deactivated.

• Don't underestimate required work for skinners. All of them must adjust these screens in all of their skins.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• You dont need it in Movieselection.
    When movieselectionquickbutton not installed, only show the red Button ALL.

• he wants to hide all buttons unless used. Installing a plugin to do so is not a good way to do it.

Gruss
    Dre

• Ok. Aber ich denk, daß das so nicht geht. Oder lieg ich falsch?

• Don't underestimate required work for skinners.

I dont underestimate it at all. I even dont think new code will crash old skins. You just have to use the new feature to make benefit of it. Everybody can switch to the new widget whenever they want. Just testet this with AudioSelection, and all colored buttons dissapeared without crash.

• buttons are defined as <pixmap ...>. This must lead to a crash when you change them to <widget ...>

Gruss
    Dre

• You can use ePixmap whenever you want. It does not depend on python code. If a new widget is created in python, it will not (in this case) crash if you forget to use it in the skin screen. Just tested that with AudioSelection screen, wich uses widget for button graphics.

But yes, you cant use the widget before its created in python. Thats why I have requested this feature in future code of TimerEdit and MovieSelection. :smiling_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• Bump!

Here is my contribution to a solution for this request. Just in case if its the work burden that makes the difference here. I really think this wish request makes all skins look much better when you can show greyed buttons when colored buttons are disabled.

Example of skin code with this solution (shows grey button if red button is disabled):

XML
    <ePixmap pixmap="active_buttons/grey.png" position="80,165" size="24,24" zPosition="0" alphatest="blend" />
    <widget source="button_red" render="Pixmap" pixmap="active_buttons/red.png" zPosition="3" position="80,165" size="24,24" alphatest="blend">
    			<convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
    		</widget>

MovieSelection.py and TimerEdit.py attached (solution,zip).

And as I wrote above, the new python changes will not crash any existing skins. The only thing we do here is adding new Boolean widget source (self["button_red"]), and set it False or True. Making it possible for everybody to use condiniolshowhide on colored buttons if they want to.