Update r25 issues (ServiceInfo.py)

• Hi,

In our image we have shown framrate of TV picture in our InfoBar. After latest update it dissapeared. Tried to go back to old code i ServiceInfo.py, but still missing fps in InfoBar. Is it possible to get back the posibillity to show framrate of TV signal?

Framerate in MoviePlayer works OK.

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• Thanks @dhwz
    We figured we had to use <convert type="ServiceInfo">VideoParams</convert>

But our "MoviePlayer" infobar have the same converter as for the main InfoBar
    <convert type="ServiceInfo">Framerate</convert>
    On r24 we get an output in both MoviePlayer and InfoBar
    On r25 we get an output in MoviePlayer. But no output in InfoBar

It seems like there is an inconsistency in coding for these screens on r25.

Framerate Converter shows framerate in MoviePlayer, but not in InfoBar

- oddvarr - Peter Pan Team -

• Fehlt da dann nicht ein Parameter?

Statt 1080p50 müßte es doch 1920x1080p50 heißen.
    Oder läßt man 1920x weg, da 16:9?

• Als 1 widget wäre es halt schöner. Dann würde es sich bei jeder Auflösung sauber zentrieren.

• This converter has the option "Framerate". Then it should work to return the framerate wherever or whenever you want.

So either should the "Framerate" option be removed from the converter, or fixed back to previous state that worked perfect, or the new VideoParams could be splitted to separate framerate from it, to be used for the "Framerate" option.

My suggestion is to fix back previos code for framerate.

• Fiddled around a bit and just copied som code of the new VideoParams for Framerate wich does not work in the moment.

This works like a charm.

This will also fix returned value for "Framerate" option for interlaced videos as discussed earlier.

• Dont understand why video size and framrate should be merged together in the new VideoParams option ("1080i50"). It does not look good, and I am pretty sure that someone does not understand the last part of it as long as it does not mention "fps". In my opinion those two data should be separated options since we already have the "Framerate" option. The best way would be to return it like this:

VideoSize= "1080i"
    Framerate= "50 fps"

and we could discuss if there should be a merged option that looks something like this:

VideoParams= "1080i 50 fps"

someone else with some thoughts?

• Ah, so the videoformat is e.g. 1080i50, and the framerate for it is 25 frames pr. second? 50 fields and 25 fps...

If thats the case I finally understand! Got mislead by the calculation that used framerates to calculate fields. But thats natural if you know the science behind it!

Then my code above is uncorrect. Will correct that!

But there is still a problem with latest code from DP wich does not show framerate when using "Framerate" option, after latest changes. Did notice though that if we hard restartet E2, the fps shows up again. Changing a skin (e2 restart), and the fps is gone. Hard restart, its back, and so on.

• Changing

"Framerate": (self.FRAMERATE, (iPlayableService.evVideoFramerateChanged,)),

with

"Framerate": (self.FRAMERATE, (iPlayableService.evVideoProgressiveChanged, iPlayableService.evVideoFramerateChanged)),

in the latest ServiceInfo.py from DP will fix the problem with framerate not beeing updatet until hard e2 restart.

Is there a issue that prevent iPlayableService.evVideoFramerateChanged not to update framerate alone?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

hmmm my local fix is the following:

here this works okay.

Can you confirm this?

cu