segmentation fault with bitrate viewer plugin and enigma4.3.1r25

• When using the enigma2-plugin-extensions-bitrateviewer plugin on my DM7080HD with the latest update of enigma2 4.3.1r125, I always get a green screen with a segmentation fault.
    This problem also existed with previous enigma2 versions.
    Is this a know problem or does anyone know a solution?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von adrik ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The bitrate Viewer works as expected here. I think you have an old version of the bitrate viewer. Since the bitrate viewer is not a pure python plugin it has direct dependencies to the C++ core of enigma2. With certain changes then C ++ plugins not compiled against the current c++ core will not longer work if.

You should re-install the plugin.

cu

• Thanks Ghost,

I think I have the lastest version, since I think it should automatically be updated when doing a 'dist upgrade'.
    I will check to see what the date and version of the bitratecalc.so are.

• I removed the plugin and installed exactly the same version again.
    Now it works as expected, so I think there must have been a problem replacing the bitratecalc.so file when updating an already installed plugin.
    Probably because the file would be 'in use', do it being loaded into memory and referenced by the plugin, when enigma2 starts.

• M0rphU,

Thanks for the info, but that was not the case.
    I haven't installed any skins like HD Glass and installed the bitrate plugin, because standard skins have no infomormation like that.
    Also the crashlog clearly shows, the bitratecalc.so was loaded from the bitrate plugin extension directory.