Dreambox hd 800 se 16:9 recording

• which will not add any value to the problem of the viewing application on pc.

• so any idea ? i only can find options for 16:9 and 4:3 in menu display settings , but for recording nothing only record path settings ! and type of record is very bad .ts !

• You should inform yourself what ts means. It's the complete transportstream. You can't get anything better than this. It's not necessary to have an option for recording as the transportstream is recorded unmodified!

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• This problem could be posible,
    If the broadcast is a letterboxed 4:3 stream,
    and you have a softworecomponent installed, that zooms the letterboxed videostream, so that it looks like a 16:9 stream.
    and this zoom is not active on playing the record.

Make a short example record this that misbehaviour. copy it to a PC and call mediainfo (from internet) on that file.

• well i found that when i record from HD channels the recording works fine 16:9 , but when i record from any channel that is not HD the output of the record 4:3. note that the preview of the non HD channels is ok 16:9 ! why when i start record the recorded files showing as 4:3 ! there is something missing in the configuration !

a screenshot attached for both HD and non HD channel.

• No there is missing absolutely nothing.
    SD is send as anamorphical 16:9 which means the source material is only 4:3 because the max. allowed resolution is 720x576 which is stretched to 16:9 (1024x576). The black bars are not part of the videostream, it's just anamorphical streched to 16:9 to reach proper aspect ratio.

HD material is per definition always 16:9 (1280x720, 1920x1080) which means the black bars in HD are part of the videostream.

The DVB-stream is recorded as is (received from satellite), which means 4:3 is recorded as 4:3 (also anamorphical data), your Dreambox is stretching it to 16:9 if necessary on playback.

• Well thank you guys for help , but i'm also facing an issue with the times , from web IP i cant create a timer to record event (conflict timers detected !) there is no single timer for record but when i use remote control i can create timers !

• dhwz: DVB mpeg2 streams with 720*576 resolution are not using quadratic pixels, 2 different ratios (DPAR) are mostly used 65:45 (16:9) or 65:64 (4:3) .
    if the sample is right, then it is a 4:3 with DPAR 65:64 and black bars inside the videostream...

• Ist ja nett aber mir musst das nicht erklären. Ich hab kein Sample gesehn (nur den Screenshot), aber "schwarze Balken" links/rechts im Videosignal bei SD wären sehr ungewöhnlich. Aber du sprichst ja von 4:3 mit "black bars", das ist kein Letterbox auf seinem Screenshot. :face_with_tongue:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()