lib/dvb/epgcache

• i'm looking to make some change in the epgcache ( lib/dvb/epgcache) i'm just a begginer i wanna patch this code
    #define CLEAN_INTERVAL 60000 // 1 min
    #define UPDATE_INTERVAL 3600000 // 60 min change to define UPDATE_INTERVAL 60000 // 1 min for exemple
    #define ZAP_DELAY 2000 // 2 sek

but after building the envirnoment i dont find epgcache , is it in the enigma2.bb ??? or what ???

• 3rd post...
    The header files are just for "information"
    When building an image you get a binary. No chance to patch something

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• what about epgcache.cpp ???

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Blinkosm ()

• bool eEPGCache::finishEPG()
    {
    if (!isRunning) // epg ready
    {
    eDebug("[EPGC] stop caching events(%d)", time(0)+eDVB::getInstance()->time_difference );
    for (int i=0; i < 3; ++i)
    {
    seenSections[i].clear();
    calcedSections[i].clear();
    }
    zapTimer.start(UPDATE_INTERVAL, 1);
    eDebug("[EPGC] next update in %i min", UPDATE_INTERVAL / 60000);

singleLock l(cache_lock);
    tmpMap::iterator It = temp.begin();
    abortTimer.stop();

while (It != temp.end())

• yes i know, but i have dm800 and dm520 and first i wanna test it in the dm800 OE2.0

DM520 OE2.2 OE 2.5 open... they dont have OE2.2

• Oe2.0 is closed core. So, same answer. You would need to build an image with oe1.6...

But I still don't see why you need it. When I switch to a channel it loads Now/Next and I have event info available. EPG is as well updated. Nothing would change if you change the jnterval...

Gruss
    Dre

• do you mean Oe2.0 is closed core for Gemini and Merlin??? or for all platerforms (Open... New,,,,) after awhile i will upload a video and show you the problem :smiling_face:

• There's no Open* based on oe2.0 e2. closed core does not mean you can't build images with other functionalities as the python part is open source

Gruss
    Dre

• i see some patches in the github in the epgcache.cpp that add netmed or freesat epg and eit so they can make modification .... is that only for the openli and others not for gemini???

• Again: that's not for DreamOS (oe2.2/oe2.5) nor oe2.0 based images. The only relevant repository is on opendreambox.org

Gruss
    Dre

• NO. OE2.5 is closed source and property of Dream Properties (aka Dream Multimedia). There is no official way to send patches there... The developers of DP read the forums here and if they find something usefull they will implement it.

But again: There is no sense in your request for renewing the cache more often. Why not describe your CONCRETE problem and let the people here help you with it instead of fixing something that does not need to be fixed / changed...

• in the old gemini 5.1 there is an option in BP/Epg that let you change the intervall of epg update (it's pity that this option no longer in the BP plugin )

i upload a video to show exactly the problem there are 4 channels who events will finish at 17h30
    you will see how the event epg will change when the scroll pass the channels automatic that beacause as you see in the image gemini 5,1 OE1.6

but when it comes to the current OE2.0 you have to wait 1hour to reload the event as you can see in the second video and the image

first video from gemin 5.1

second video from OE2.0 Exp.

i wish that the dream developers see this and notice the diffrence between Epgcache updated in 60 min and other updated in 1min..

• I wish you would buy an up-to-date box. For the others you will probably have to live with old images ... anyway ...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• then you should post an enigma2 log - WHAT added value do you think does your video have for the developers ? You only show that you discovered that when you haven an empty epg.db that you have to zap to at least one channel of a transponder to get epg data for the channels broadcasted on that transponder.

DreamOS epg chaching and epg updating is completely different from the old code due to the epg.db, which means all your coding 'ideas' are useless.

and I'm pretty sure that I'm not your friend ...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• as you can see PIWI no event after the second events the epgcache begins to be empty same problem in OE 2.2

• Gutemine you're arrogant hhhh of course we not friends :thumbs_up: