DM900 - TV stops randomly (image freezes)

• The box is fully responsive, using remote control works as normal - menus and OSD work, I can switch to another channel and back to revive TV.
    Also, I can turn it on/off to make it work again.

Needless to say, the random problem is a total showstopper when timeshifted (as you will loose contents) - I also believe that can be the reason for at least one much too short recording..

• If this is NOT an CI Module with an official license of the encryption vendor this is the only thing a vendor can do.

• the CI module (/Smartcard) is authentic norwegian CanalDigital module, the CAM, is a proper Conax module, again, purchased for the purpose of CanalDigital.
    No parts is fake/pirated or in any way less trustworthy.

*both* CI/CAM worked flawlessly in previous tuner, In fact, I've never seen an playing /recording channel just stop like this before.

Another strong clue that this is somehow Dreambox/software related is the fact that this is much less likely to happen if the dreambox have been restarted recently. (just software reboot from the menu) - but we can't be expected to reboot it regularly every day as it is not good as long as 24hrs, a reboot apparently reduces the chances for this, but it seems activity like switching channels/on/off etc increases the likelihood of the issue to spawn again.

• the CI module (/Smartcard) is authentic norwegian CanalDigital module, the CAM, is a proper Conax module, again, purchased for the purpose of CanalDigital.
    No parts is fake/pirated or in any way less trustworthy.

*both* CI/CAM worked flawlessly in previous tuner, In fact, I've never seen an playing /recording channel just stop like this before.

Another strong clue that this is somehow Dreambox/software related is the fact that this is much less likely to happen if the dreambox have been restarted recently. (just software reboot from the menu) - but we can't be expected to reboot it regularly every day as it is not good as long as 24hrs, a reboot apparently reduces the chances for this, but it seems activity like switching channels/on/off etc increases the likelihood of the issue to spawn again.

friend here will have no support because from 6 November also digital channels has married the form a la carte and so it is not and as you say you do not support on things not authorized

CI+-module

[Blockierte Grafik: https://www.canaldigitaal.nl/Content/Common/images/left-arrow.png]

De M7 CAM-701 is een CI+-module (insteekkaart) met geïntegreerde smartcard, een ruimtebesparende oplossing om tv te kijken.
    Je kunt deze module gebruiken in combinatie met door Canal Digitaal gecertificeerde satellietontvangers en geteste tv-toestellen (met DVBS2-tuner voor satellietontvangst en CI+-sleuf).
    Met de CI+-module heb je een ruimtebesparende en makkelijke oplossing om in Nederland of in het buitenland tv te kunnen kijken.
    Je abonnement selecteer je als je de module met geïntegreerde smartcard registreert via de website van Canal Digitaal (zie handleiding). Heb je al een abonnement bij Canal Digitaal? Dan zet je je huidige abonnement over op de geïntegreerde smartcard in de module.

so solve with Canal digital and not with DP

• Yes, I'm not 100% shure but havn't these guys also switched to the latest pairing Conax version requiring a TV with CI+ and on their supported device list ?

And I'm pretty sure (!) that there are no Dreamboxes on their list ... which means DP would not be even allowed to help you.

• surely its card has been updated as also happened to the users of tnt and csat and then have to contact the manager who sends him the form but the CI + module is not supported by DP tries to do google searches

• dre is same he involuntarily inserted it into a new box and this happened to him
    CANAL DIGITAL CI+ DK/SE/NO

• Arkig
    ------------

you still have the old test box and see that it does not work anymore there and let us know

• I googled "CI+" (what a ripoff, no recording means no timeshifting... basically they are saying "bend over" to Netherlands users.)

Anyway: there is no such thing in Norway, on the contrary, we are free to use any tuner or TV we like, so long we have the subscription.

I am currently trying to test what activity causes it to be unstable , if I don't get any wiser, I'll fire up a computer with FloppyDTV tuner and record over a night just to retest the CI, CAM.
    It seems like noone can confirm existence of such bug, which is kind of good.

• sorry but we can not give you the answer that would help you as I told you I try the old box or pc and you'll see that it will not even work if you do not have the official decoder or CI +

• testing somewhere else is useless. Put it in the Dreambox and log the consle output until it freezes from the micro usb. Then post it and ask for help.

• I know the problem well as having changed structure has received impulses from the operator and continues to receive them until the definitive closure so said uptdate for pairing so I will have to use an original reciver or the appropriate modul that is not supported may be that I'm wrong but I think that at 95% and so if not because dreammultimedia had to close the ticket?

Now I have to go that late seriously
    good night

• SOLVED:
    This issue appears only one one of my CAM's , it seems to work slightly hotter than the other.
    Both CAM's seems to work fine in FloppyDTV tuners, but only one work fine in DM900 - this could be explained as simple as a thermal design of the CAM slot, or minor voltage difference (within tolerances) or even ripple /capacitors on the VCC supply for the card that draws more power (dissipate more heat)

In any case, the issue were related to one particular CAM module. (both are official Conax modules, but one is older than the other)