Different number of available channels on the TV and on the Dreambox

• Hello. I will try to keep this short. We have a cable-tv net. The decoding of the channels is made at a central point, so I don't have to have a separate card in my own TV, the same for everyone in our house (82 apartments). There are also a number of more channels in the net, but you have to buy and use a card to be able to look at them. It's about 30 "free" channels in the net. (They are not free, we are paying for them, but we don't have to have a card of our own.)

OK, I bought a dreambox (DM520) to be able to record movies ( like an old days VHS). And I've been able to do that. No card in the box either. What I'm wondering about is that the TV can show more channels than the box. The box lists them but when trying to "access" them it turns out to be a black display or an error message with something like "SID is missing in PAT".

The TV is a cheap simple one, basic no fancy. But it can show more channels than the box. (3 more to be correct)

So, is there a difference between how a TV detects the signal and how the box does it? Can I do something about it?

Regards

• This means that the signal on these channels is too weak. Can you check SNR on one of the channels where you get the "sid is missing in pat"? Usually, dB value is too low. Reason could be the cable or the wall socket. And yes, there are differences between tuners and therfore, it can be that one devices receives a different number of channels than others.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource