Can't record any longer with DM520 after updating.

• Hello, I have a DM520 and I have used it for about a year for recording and later on editing on a PC. Worked fine.

Recently after some kind of changing frequences somewhere I lost one channel on the box. So I made an upgrade with

dreambox-image-deb-dm520-20171113.tar.xz from http://dreamboxupdate.com/ to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Furthermore the upgrade was ok. No error. But then I realised that I couldn't record after the upgrade.

If I push the REC-button the screen shows the "crossed-button sign" and if I try to use the timer I can't switch

from ZAP to record. My HD (USB-connected) shows up in Devices ok with a green marker and I've also tried with

another HD. Same result. I've tried another older upgrade. Same result.

I've checked both HD:s connected to a PC through a Linux-device driver (as always) and they look normal to me.

Now I don't know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions?

(I'm NOT an expert on handling theese boxes, my goal is only to record movies and be able to edit them afterwards
    to get rid of the commercial ad's and so, and it hs been working fine uptil now)

Regards

• This is only an enigma2 setting and your favourite search engine should be able to find out which one.

If you want a quick solution install UserScripts Plugin which has the Recording settings in his Configuration Screen.

• As gutemine says.. Nothing to add there..
    @kljons
    You are putting us on the wrong foot.. You did not do an upgrade (which retains your settings) but performed a new flash (which erases everything in your box).

On the lighter side: you must have managed this before since every DM520/525 original image has this recording 'lock' installed.

• Thank you for your answers and sorry for my confusion. As you can see I don't know much about how to handle the box. And I have not done this before. I think that the reason why it worked before is that the company/person I bought it from did it. Because I told him that I would like to
    be able to record on the box, so he must have fixed it. I did nothing of that kind.

I've tried to find the setting that would change this but I can't find it, even in expert mode.

So now I'm going forward to install the plug-in. I've found this one,
    "enigma2-plugin-extensions-userscripts_5.0.3_mipsel.deb".

I don't know how to do this, but hopefully I can gather the information and carry on.

Even if I'm not succesful at once I'm learning more and more.

Thanks again

• There is a customs reason why this setting is hidden and not available in normal e2 Menu - either edit manually in the settings file or get latest UserSscript Plugin from OoZooN's board - or flash his image where it is included already, as soon as you then have the setting in an setting backup it will work in all DreamOS Images when you restore the settings.

• Thank you all for your answers. I did as you suggested, installed this image
    "oozoon-image-deb-dm520-dm525-20171119.tar.xz"

Now I'm back to the status I had before, I can record but I am still missing some channels
    compared to what the TV can show. I get "SID missing in PAT" or a black display.

I asked in forums about this issue and I've got the answers that the signal is not strong enough on those channels.