Unicable II settings

• I found a bug in unicable II/JESS setup. In case that I want to use 2 unicable II lnbs (like IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP) for different satellites at the same time and I want to set them up it is not possible to save settings for both. Once I set one lnb for one satellite and try to set the second one for another satellite I cannot save unicable slots for both. Once I press the OK button to save settings (green button does not work for storing in this part of menu) and open them again then the values for one of them are back to original. Only possible way is to directly edit settings file. I use oe2.5 experimental image for DM900uhd.

• 4.3.1r7-2017-05-23

Edit:
    Now I can see that similar problem has been fixed also in 4.3.1r8.
    I will try to update the system and then I'll give you a shout.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von oldgringo ()

• OK, it seems that storing of unicable slot has been solved in 4.3.1r8.

Now I am on 4.3.1r9 and I cannot select the same unicable slot number for two satellites even when lnbs are proprietary programmed to specific chained lnb position (like A for 19.2E, B for 13E, see the attachment) and even with different pin assigned to each tuner. It means that I have to choose unique slot number for each tuner and lnb combination. The result is a half of the capacity of slots (16 instead of 32) for each lnb. If I use 4 lnbs (as a maximum for chained lnbs) then only 8 slots per each lnb are available. What somehow doesn't work is the assignment of sat position to specific unicable chained lnb A, B, C or D. I can compare it with my G60 Panasonic TV (unicable I). There I can select only one slot and assign one sat to A and another one to B chained lnb (without use of any pin). Then in a status window of the programmer I can see that this simple TV tuner uses for both lnbs the same slot number without any issue and properly tune both sat positions. If I try this with dm900 it always ends up with Tuning failed message. It looks like the tuning doesn't distinguish the correct sat position/lnb and then it tries to tune both lnbs at the same time. I hope you got my point.

• Have you tried to unset the Point "legacy at startup". Maybe, this leads to reception problems, when the LNB switches a little to late to UniCable operation at first start.
    That has nothing to do with the very new and special adapted save/ restore settings per LNB at UniCable operation on more than one sat with one tuner. This feature seems not be very common. The possibilities also with some new UniCable(2) switches - especially when using a combiner in the output lines and 4 sat positions are new, too...

Grüßle
    Ralf
    ---------------------------------------------
    DM900UHD-FBC, Gigablue Quad4K-S/C/T, QUAD_Plus-SSC, QUAD-SSC, UE_Plus-SC, X3-SC, UltraUE-SC, Astra 19.2E
    UniCable & KabelBW, oATV/OpenMips, orig. Skin,SevenHD/KravenHD,
    (weitere:Vu+Duo,TTG-S850HD,Technisat,Edision), PC-DVB-S/C/T,
    PopcornA110, 2x Xtreamer, BDP5200, LG 42R51, Samsung
    933BW,UE32C5700,UE65HU7590
    ---- Einen Receiver kann sich jeder kaufen - Eine stabile E²-Box muß man sich verdienen! ----