PGS subtitle change position

• Hi, is there any posibility to adjust the position and background of the PGS subtitles?

The subtitles are in the picture although there is still black bar above and below the picture.
    The bottom part of the subtitles is cut of or hidden behind the picture, so I can only see top third of the bottom line.
    When there are 2 line subtitles, then I can see the top line fully, but just one third of the bottom one.

thanks for any help

PiGeon

DM7080 OE2.5 todays update

DM920
    Unstable image - always uptodate

• sounds more like active overscan on tv

• sounds more like active overscan on tv

maybe not a good description, I try it once more with other words
    I can see the whole picture and also black bars below and above picture, the movie is wider then 16:9, maybe 21:9.
    But the subtitles are positioned inside the picture, above the bottom black bar.
    And I can see only the upper part of the subtitles, the bottom 2/3 of the bottom subtitle line is not visible.

Is it clearer now?
    if not I will make some screenshot tomorrow :winking_face:

good night

PiGeon

DM920

• yes, and because of the 21:9 your TV is zooming to remove the black bars and produces overscan which then causes the cut off.

Don't use any zooming on the TV and you will see the difference ...

• Hi gutemine,
    In both of my post I tried to explain that I can see the black bars.
    Would I see any of the black bars if my TV was set to zoom?
    Believe me I am pretty sure I am not using any zoom on my TV. The TV is set to "Just Scan".

I tried to achieve something with changing the A/V settings of the dreambox.
    I took some screenshots too.

1. display >16:9 content as Letterbox
    Picture on TV aspect ratio - OK
    Black bars on TV - ARE visible
    Screenshot aspect ratio - NOT OK (anamorphic squeeze)
    Screenshot black bars - NOT visible
    Subtitles - NOT OK

2. display >16:9 content as JustScale
    Picture on TV aspect ratio - NOT OK (anamorphic squeze)
    Black bars on TV - NOT visible
    Subtitles - NOT OK

3. display >16:9 content as Pan&Scan
    Picture on TV aspect ratio - As OK as Pan&Scan allows
    Black bars on TV - NOT visible
    Subtitles - NOT OK

I took also screenshot of the OSD only and even there are the subtitles visible just partially.
    I have no idea how it works, but It looks to me that something is cutting the PGS subpicture wrongly before it is put over the movie picture.

Is it any clearer now?

have a nice sunday :winking_face:

PiGeon

PS: on a FullHD screen of my sons notebook the subtitles look OK

• Here are another 2 screenshots.
    Changing to default skin fixed at least the ScreenShot aspect ratio, but didn't prevent the subtitles being cut off.

4.ScreenShotAll_DMset2display16_9contentAsLetterBox_Default-HD skin
    5.ScreenShotAll_DMset2display16_9contentAsLetterBox_Default Skin

On both the pictures the subtitle height seems to be squeezed down a little.

I keep also forgetting to mention another issue. As soon as I choose any of the PGS subtitle stream the picture freezes, I have to forward the movie a little to make the picture moving again and sync it with audio and subtitle which don't stop move.

I have also forgotten to write that I have the very same issues with each and every movie which contains PGS subtitles.

And last but not least I am using the FullHD skin from Zombi

• Another screenshots.
    This time from other movie where the subtitle sometimes are aligned to the top of the picture.
    I have never watched the movies on PC, statement of my son that it is OK on the PC was enough for me.
    So the difference in the alignment didn't occur to me before.
    Now it looks to me that the issue might have something to do with the alignment of the PGS subpicture.

And as you can see the subtitle height is also squeezed and it looks like it is in the 1080:800 (1.35) ratio.

• did you try different settings in subtitles settings, what causes a problem here is "center DVB subtitles", i have to put it to "no", otherweise I get subtitles cut in the middle, play around with other settings too

• did you try different settings in subtitles settings, what causes a problem here is "center DVB subtitles", i have to put it to "no", otherweise I get subtitles cut in the middle, play around with other settings too

can you please lead me where can I find the settings you have mentioned?

thanks

PiGeon

DM920

• oh sorry, I am using another image (Open* images), I didn´t mention it, thougt could be all the same in all images

never mind, It might be it would not help, the PGS subtitles may be handled differently.

DM920

• Hi Ghost,
    can you please let me know if you had chance to look into it or at least if it is on your list?
    I hope you could reproduce it.

Do you think the skin designers could help with it?

thanks and have a nice weekend

PiGeon

DM920

• It doesn't allow any rest to my mind.

First I thought the PGS subpicture is cropped from 1920:1080 to 1920:800 and so part of the subs is cut off.
    However in the case of top placed subs I would expect the upper part of subs being cut of, but actually the bottom part of the subs is missing.

Additionally the sub height is squeezed so the whole PGS subpicture must have been squeezed from 1920:1080 to 1920:800.
    But why then any parts of the subs is missing?

someone any idea how to explain it?

thanks

PiGeon

DM920