GSOD (GreenScreenOfDeath) when fast switching video files in MediaCenter

• Tested 4.3.1r5 and it seems that "* fixed crash in MediaCenter/Video when switching between movies quickly (need some feedback on this)" fixed this issue.
    But I still have sometimes problem with enigma2 crash due to *** Error in `enigma2': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x66deafc8 ***
    I want to help find cause of the problem but I don't know how due to enigma2 closed sources.

Log from 4.3.1r7

DM525 DVB-T2 + DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems your dreambox runs out of accel memory.. i think the crash is just a following error of the "ION_IOC_ALLOC: Cannot allocate memory" message....

Can you reproduce the error? Does this happen after a long run?

I think there is somewhere a accel memory leak. Or any plugin use a lot of cached pixmaps. All Pixmaps are located in the accel memory.. But we need more information to locate / fix it.

• Yes, I'm able to reproduce the problem on my DM525. I have backup.tar.gz of fresh image with enigma2-plugin-extensions-trackautoselect installed and set up and mkv video file for Media Center.

Sometimes after ION_IOC_ALLOC: Cannot allocate memory enigma goes very slow, with gRC thread consuming all CPU

I'm very experienced in developing embedded systems and would like to help. Can you please contact me at
    engycz @ gmail.com ?
    I will send you a link to backup image and the steps to invoke the problem.

DM525 DVB-T2 + DVB-S2

• Hello.
    Investigating today the problem and it's really ION memory leak problem. I have enabled CONFIG_DEBUG_FS for kernel and found that after every change of video file in Media Center using red or blue button during playing video, orphaned buffers grows by 2048000 (/sys/kernel/debug/ion/BMEM). But after stopping the video and returning to Media Center file list, orphaned ION buffers are freed.

Can I help with something else?

DM525 DVB-T2 + DVB-S2