streamserver adjustment for Plex DVR API

• Hi devs,
    I am sure I will be not the only one who is looking forward to a plugin which would make it possible to interconnect Plex with Enigma receiver.
    There have been several requests on the Plex forum to make the DVR function working with Enigma receivers.
    Now one of the forum users is developing an Enigma plugin which will allow us to add tuners in our receivers to Plex as DVR devices.

If I got it right one thing which would be needed is to enhance the streamserver so it switches off streaming after certain time.
    Bellow is a link to request which the developer made to his home image team.

Would it be possible to add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream duration
    https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…/1425335/#Comment_1425335

Would it be possible to implement it in your image?

thanks in advance

PiGeon

DM920
    Unstable image - always uptodate

• I am assuming "Thema als erledigt markiert" doesn't really mean that it was already implemented, right?
    I have tried to look at git, but this is all greek to me.
    Can somebody please point me to the right direction or help me to ask the right people in the right forum section to achieve the same what Andy did for the OpenVix image.

thanks in advance

PiGeon

DM920

• The first problem is, that the plugin itself is not working on newnigma, at least I tested it with negative result. If I get it right the streamserver is something that has been severely improved/altered after the sources of the core have been separated from the openalliance images. So I assume as one has to rewrite the plugin for the non-open images in order to get Plex DVR running with it.

• What URL are you referring to? The post you've linked about seems to be in a restricted area.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• hm, the patch basically starts a timer with a duration of the value provided by the parameter. When timeout is reached the stream is stopped.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Obviously stopping the stream did not work before, at least with this kind of image. For the plugin itself I just smacked it onto my DM900 and couldn't boot anymore after that :grinning_squinting_face: so it does not seem to work out of the box, probably because the streamserver works differently?!

• So is this a dead end street when I am using the DM original image?

thanks for any comment

PiGeon

DM920

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von PiGeon ()