Webcontrol is "loading"

• On my dm520, webcontrol interface is "loading". It does not finish loading. I have tried firefox, IE, mobile Firefox... I have tried to clear cache in Firefox. Nothing helped.

Can anybody help me fix that, please?

Thank you, Martin

• Try switch off firewall, antivirus. If it works then you have to adjust settings in these tools.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• SyntaxError: missing ; before statement[Learn More] strings.js:13:75
    ReferenceError: strings is not defined[Learn More] handler.js:590:24
    TypeError: TimerHandler is not a constructor[Learn More] core.js:951:23
    TypeError: core is undefined[Learn More] 192.168.1.146:208:3

• that's what I thought/hoped :winking_face: Can you quickly check strings.js.xml (to be found in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/webinterface/web)?

It should look like this:

Code
    <e2:screen name="StringsWebScreen">var strings = {};<e2:element source="Strings"><e2:convert type="web:ListFiller">
    strings["<e2:item name="id" filter="javascript_escape" />"] = "<e2:item name="value" filter="javascript_escape" />";</e2:convert><e2:convert type="web:TextToHTML" /></e2:element>
    </e2:screen>

The important part is: filter="javascript_escape"

Gruss
    Dre

• Sure, if filter is not "javascript_escape" just change it (twice) with a unix-line end compatible editor (e.g. notepad++ on windows) and reboot the dreambox.

Gruss
    Dre

• This is what the file contains:
    <e2:screen name="StringsWebScreen">var strings = {};<e2:element source="Strings"><e2:convert type="web:ListFiller">
    strings["<e2:item name="id" filter="attribute" />"] = "<e2:item name="value" filter="xml" />";</e2:convert><e2:convert type="web:TextToHTML" /></e2:element>

</e2:screen>

• ok, that's the old version. It seems you're not using the latest software on your dreambox. Nevertheless, you can replace filter="attribute" by filter="javascript_escape". Simplest way would be to copy the line that starts with strings from my post and replace it in your file.

Gruss
    Dre

• After changing that it works fine. Nevertheless I use the latest software. I have installed brand new devices yesterday and upgraded both from Settings menu in the GUI. Looks like there is old code in the repository.
    Anyways, thank you for your help.

• I think you're using the stable image. It is at least fixed in the unstable version.

Gruss
    Dre