Enhanced NIT channel searching

• Isn't that simply the network search on the scan GUI?

Not much, I get 400 channels(my provider has only 100) things like /Table ID , Network id , Bouquet id/ filter on network search should help, but there it’s no option in menu.

• the goal is to find everything and enyoy the provider bouquets afterwards ...

• the goal is to find everything and enyoy the provider bouquets afterwards ...

Yep and this goal its mastered for long time, so why don’t do some progress. There its lot of "shitty" ALI chipset based STBs which have limited but better channel scanning or sorting functions so why should be problem have some advanced channel finding features on exclusively on Dreambox..

• Wow, provider defined bouquets? No, thanks. I want my own order.

And I don't know how shitty boxes should be better. I download my channels to my computer, quickly create topic-based bouquets, put channels in there and send that back to the dreambox.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• should we also add support for the provider channel numbers to allow them to enforce their channellist :smiling_face_with_horns: ???

No f* way.

• Wow, provider defined bouquets? No, thanks. I want my own order.

And I don't know how shitty boxes should be better. I download my channels to my computer, quickly create topic-based bouquets, put channels in there and send that back to the dreambox.

Yes, that was original thought back in 2004 when i get my first DM 7000s and HH satellite dish motor. Emu descrambling working almost on every channel, pure gold.
    Now I have only fixed dish, 700 scrambled and 80 FTA channels. Then I get 400 channels thru NIT search, with some filter use on Dreambox edit I can get final 150 but there it’s still 50 which dot have my language so then I go thru bouquet and switch from channel to channel until are all deleted.
    Then every month its some TP optimization or some channels are removed nor added, so I will definitely have use for enhanced NIT scanning and then do bouquets and numbering on Dreambox edit.

• sound like you have not even enabled multiple bouquets. And the web interface allows also channel editing since ages.

• Now you put what you want once into your favorites....

• I think he put all channels in different bouquets and instead of only selecting those he really needs.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Please anybody give me some off-topic info.

How select preferred audio track language, for all channels?
    When I play wmv file video works just no audio, audio track its wma version 9, it’s there any fix?

• What @gutemine described is usually done with DreamboxEdit :winking_face: But of course you can also do this with the remote control or via the web browser via WebBouquetEditor plugin or any other software. That's the whole idea of a dreambox that YOU select your favourites and bouquets and nobody else.
    Also you do not need to delete anything but only add what you really need to your Favourites or your Bouquets. I personally am only using one Favourites Bouquet with ~60 TV stations and nothing else. But under "All" I will always find the 530 other channels provided by my cable provider.

For audio track selection, there is the plugin TrackAutoSelect which should be preinstalled in an uptodate DMM image.

Regarding WMA Audio: Please provide a sample and / or output of MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/de/MediaInfo)

so long
    m0rphU

• What @gutemine described is usually done with DreamboxEdit :winking_face: But of course you can also do this with the remote control or via the web browser via WebBouquetEditor plugin or any other software. That's the whole idea of a dreambox that YOU select your favourites and bouquets and nobody else.
    Also you do not need to delete anything but only add what you really need to your Favourites or your Bouquets. I personally am only using one Favourites Bouquet with ~60 TV stations and nothing else. But under "All" I will always find the 530 other channels provided by my cable provider.

For audio track selection, there is the plugin TrackAutoSelect which should be preinstalled in an uptodate DMM image.

Regarding WMA Audio: Please provide a sample and / or output of MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/de/MediaInfo)

Thank You, TrackAutoSelect works great :thumbs_up:

Thank You, TrackAutoSelect works great :thumbs_up:

Here its another video WMV sample