Recording priority

• I have multiple (5) tuners build in. In config settings you can switch the priority of a recording (Recording has priority Yes/No). I had it set to Yes and a recording programmed. When the recording started and I was watching to another channel the box switched to the recording channel. Questions:

- is that because the priority in settings has been set to Yes
    - why is the box switching while there are more than enough tuners free. That means the priority is ALWAYS valid and not just when there are no more free tuners.

• If the message was shown "In order to record a timer, the TV was switched to the recording service!" then yes

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• The settings is mainly for single tuner boxes to force the channel switch when you watch another channel when the recording starts.

I only missused this setting in AutoPin Plugin to give CI modules priority too - as they behave similar to single tuners, eg. most of them decrypt only a single channel at the same time.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Yes, I got that msg at the screen. Thanks dre, that means when you have multiple tuners you better can set it in config settings to No

When you have five tuners, you were recording from one transponder and watching live from another and got this message then something is wrong.

Alptraumbox. :thumbs_up:

• When you have five tuners, you were recording from one transponder and watching live from another and got this message then something is wrong.

That is exactly why I started this thread. I think I misunderstand the answer from dre, because he confirmed what I wrote with "yes"
    Viril: your answer makes me in doubt. When you have free tuners (for the appr. satellites) and have set recording priority to Yes (in config settings) than the box with OE 2.5 should NOT zap autom. to the recording channel and you should NOT get that message at the screen.

However my box is zapping and I get such a msg, so can pls someobe from DMM confirm if this is a bug or should I local investigate what might/could be wrong....

• Exactly. If you experience that behaviour, there is something strange in your setup. Can you show your tuner configuration? Maybe with a screenshot and by uploading your /etc/enigma2/settings file.

As @gutemine mentioned, there is a plugin that patches the default behaviour for the use with "special" CI modules. Please make sure that you are not using something like that :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU