Dreammox 7020HD don't respond to any remote control comand

• Hi

Have a dreambox 7020HD and do not work anymore with the remote control.

The box works fine but do not respond to any comand from the remote.

I bought another remote, but the problem remains, sometimes work, sometimes simply do not respond to nothing.

Right now the only solutiion is a virtual remote from my tablet, but is not very pratical.

What could be the problem? Anyone knows?

• Take a big sheet of paper.
    Form a tube.
    Put the tube in front of the remote receiver on the DM7020HD.
    Use the remote control on the other end of the tube.
    Now the remote control should have exclusive access to the remote receiver.
    Is the remote working now?
    If yes, a likely problem could be other "infrared" transmitter interacting with the receiver and "overpowering" the remote control.
    This could be LED lights for example.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• Hi

I will try your sugestion, and post here later the results, thks

• Tryed your sugestion, but didn't worked. Box don't respond to any comand from remote.

Any other sugestion?

Thks.

• Something broken perhaps, who knows...remote diagnostics isn't easy that way...box should be checked by dmm or dealer?

I don't think that this could help, but did you reflash the box with latest Image? That's what i would do first, then check...if not, something is broken...

• Something broken perhaps, who knows...remote diagnostics isn't easy that way...box should be checked by dmm or dealer?

I don't think that this could help, but did you reflash the box with latest Image? That's what i would do first, then check...if not, something is broken...

Hi, yes I did that in first place.
    Sending the box to dmm is not an option for me. I'm not in Germany.

• It is not common, but maybe the connection between the remote receiving unit and the rest of the box is broken.
    Could be, that a cableconnection is lose. Open the box and have a look at every cable connection and push each cable connector smartly.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• It is not common, but maybe the connection between the remote receiving unit and the rest of the box is broken.
    Could be, that a cableconnection is lose. Open the box and have a look at every cable connection and push each cable connector smartly.

Yes, I opened box and checked cabel conection.
    The remote sensor is on same board as the oled display is, located at the front of the box.
    I checked and all seems ok, no cables seems damaged.
    Maybe the remote sensor or some electronic circuit is damaged on the board oled display, so I oredered a new oled display that comes with a new remote sensor in a new board included, maybe will solve the problem.

• Problem solved.

Ordered a new oled display wich comes with a new board with a new remote sensor included and the box is working again with the remote control.