Two CI+ cams simultaneusly?

• I have 7080HD and two cards and cams for one operator package. I have assigned 'HD1 ch' for CI-1 and 'HD2 ch' for CI-2 slot.
    In addition I use softcam for SD channels.
    Operator doesn't offer CAM for multiple service it's limited to one descramble only.
    On CI settings I have defined 'Multiple service support' as 'No'

System seems to work if channels are on different transponders, but not when those on same transponder.

it would be logical that system would assign new tuner/CI for same transponder if MSS is set to 'no' ?

Is this bug, or limitation in enigma2 ?
    Are there any plans to make this work ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jusse ()

• daisy chaining of 2 ci on same transponder is not supported. You can use service relation plugin to overcome with sd alternative channels but this is all as these modules don't offer multicrypt.

but DMM has no ci+ support so question is useless

• daisy chaining of 2 ci on same transponder is not supported. You can use service relation plugin to overcome with sd alternative channels but this is all as these modules don't offer multicrypt.

I thought it could be possible to allocate second tuner in this case and use second CI with it.

• The transponder data can't be shared by multiple CI cams.
    So if you want to watch 2 channels from the same transponder, you'd need 'Multiple service support', which the CI cam's don't support.
    You only other options is defining 'alternative services', like Gutemine already explained.

• your idea is valid and technically it works, but you would need to define a second fake sat position so that e2 is not realizing that it is the same transponder. But for daily usage this is too complicated. Most of the time you need it not for 2 recordings but for watching and recording or pip and there service relation plugin and sd alternative channel is the easier solution.

• your idea is valid and technically it works, but you would need to define a second fake sat position so that e2 is not realizing that it is the same transponder. But for daily usage this is too complicated. Most of the time you need it not for 2 recordings but for watching and recording or pip and there service relation plugin and sd alternative channel is the easier solution.

Yes on satellite you can make fake postion - not so big thing to do, but maintenance can be little mess in log run.
    As you sa not perfect, but should work some way if someone needs such solution.

In case of DVB-T2 I assume you cannot have multiple terrestrial*.xml files.

In general this CI handling is not perfect, as if you autorecord something on two CI channels & same transponder you can loose both recordings.
    There will be more and more CI channels in future.
    I think in long run it would be good to have tuner specific recording limit for CI encrypted channels.

Alternative service doesn't work in my case as I don't have SD available for those terrestrial channels.

• Please READ the CI+ specification and stop posting in the board of a vendor which has NO CI+ support.

CI+ forces the output of the CI+ to be aes encrypted - which means in case of daisy chaining it would be not usable for the second CI. Multicrypt which allows to decrypt multiple channels on the SAME transponder with a single Module is part of the standard but when hardly any CI+ vendor implements it in their modules OR the content provider disabels it then this has to be respected.

And you neither need a second terrestrial or a second satellites.xml to achive a fake transponder so that enigma2 thinks it needs a second tuner.

In Germany there is a similar situation with DVB-T2, but MOST of the channels are unencrypted which means if the module is busy there are still plenty of channels that you can view or record.

• Apologies - even you didn't even read my post fully.
    To make it clear without reading further my above post, I was not asking or proposing daisy chaining on my last post :winking_face:

Case closed from my side.

• I just explained what the correct solution should be ... and that you wishes will not be granted by the vendor ... as there is no official use case.

• ... as there is no official use case.

Understood but
    My learning from the past is different. I was working for company thinking what customer needs and not realizing what they need..
    E.g. Offcial use case < customer use case and you should seek competitive advandage.

• are you going to jail? why is it so hard to understand that we have laws in Europe that must be followed?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• are you going to jail? why is it so hard to understand that we have laws in Europe that must be followed?

Nope

Making the channel limit for ci interface is not breakinking the law.
    I am only suggesting how to handle mux based on 'Multiple service support' ( e.g. number 1..x)?
    And it's not even working currently - 'Multiple service support' as 'No' doesn't do anything as system still tries to use same tuner for second encrypted channel.
    I would call this as a bug.

• this is called optimized resource handling. And technically you only need a small trick to implement this with a plug in. But as then everybody could do it and it would be used to break the law why should I do that?

• It is an old Thread, but with latest Service relation Plugin you can now use 2 CI Modules for encrypting 2 Channels on same Transponder (PIP, Recording while watching...)

Service Relation Plugin now just uses fake servicereferences to force DreamOS using two different transponders despite the 2 channels beeing on same transponder. This works on DVB-S2/C/T2 Tuners.

Especially now with FBC Tuners wasting another tuner, just to make the CI modules happy, is no real limitation anymore, therefore I decided to implement this (ugly) workaround within Service Relation plugin.

Just enable Transponder setting within plugin and when the 2 Modules are both properly assigned to the same channels/provider it should work without defining any relationservices.

The solution is not perfect, because it is still under development - but as a working PoC it is ... usable ...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Thank you Gutemine,
    This seems to be a really important function for my future use case scenario.
    Czech/Slovak SAT operators recently introduced geo-block and split Czech and Slovak programs into 2 separated groups.
    I want to use 2 cards (1 for each program group) to be able to watch all programs like before.
    Programs are mixed on the same TPs, so to decode programs from both groups I need 2 cards and 2 CI modules.
    If I understood you correctly, seems like DM920 can do that for me :smiling_face:

• yes, 7080 and 920 can do this, but keep the boardrules in mind....