Software restart

• Since a few months I have the following problem with my dreambox : Each time there is a power cut (and this happens quite a lot at my house), I have no more reception on my dreambox. Each channel gives a black screen. I still have the data of the channels but no image. I took me a long time to solve it but eventually I found out that reception comes back when I go to the menu and do the following :
    - setup
    - Softcam/Cl
    - Softcam setup

But this only works until the next power cut. Does anyone know how to solve this problem permanently because before when there was a power cut the dreambox restarted and functioned normally again, without intervention. I have no idea how why this suddenly occurs.

• Delete the softcam part of your question as it is against german law. Nevertheless: power cut is VERY bad for a linux based receiver and you might break more than just receiption if this happens permanently. That said: some settings are only written to ram and NOT to flash until you reboot. That means: after the next power cut they will be lost again. Restart your box using the menu after everything works again, and all settings will be written to flash so that they will be available the next time after power cut. Still there is the risk, that the box will not boot at all after a power cut as important files might become damaged...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro