Open EPG Plugin for DreamOS and OE 2.0

• Your are still not getting the point - this is a BOARD, where you ask ALL members, NOT me personally.

It could still be that I'm the first to answer - but this is then MY choice, not yours.

BTW: Nobody will laugh on you posting a file with a wrong alias ... the logic is a little bit idiotic, but I didn't invent it ... but you didn't look at the moviestart alias file either, which has tons of working examples. It is YOUR decision which road you want to go, I just showed you where the alias road is and how to stroll it.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• I have no clue about OpenEPG and the aliases, but from all that is written here, I get that the example entry you are asking for is already there!? So you should first check that channel and try to create others. If anything does not work, you can of course post your file here. As far I didn't see that you uploaded any file here, so how could anyone (e.g. @gutemine) help you with the file??

so long
    m0rphU

• There are 5 example channels for RAI in alias.conf and 212 in moviestarepgdownload.conf for the Spanish fans.

Yes, this should be enough ... and I'm simply to far east for the BBC channels he is looking for ...

• Nachdem Masternick1204 im DMM Board so nett war die BBC und andere HD
    sender auf 28.2 ins alias.conf zu machen, habe ich das File in eine
    1.4-r7 des OpenEPG gemacht, damit ihr alle das testen können.

I have added your alias.conf file to version 1.4-r7 of OpenEPG.

Generally speaking it would be possible to create a plugin which copies EPG from whatever channel to another one, but as OpenEPG does this during load it does this simply for the alias channel also only when the channel is loaded by OpenEPG.

Foreign channels would need to be handled with a different/newn Plugin.

LG
    gutemine

• check the enigma2 log while Plugin is loading to see if and why it is rejected or not sent at all.

• yes resetting epg.db to a fresh empty db from within the plugin might help.

• regarding the .conf files: where can I find information for:

namespace=
    channels_pids=
    titles_pids=
    summaries_pids=

how are proper values determined, and what do they represent ?

• ask the CrossEPG developer(s) :confused_face:

Technically this is the basic information on the part of the transponder stream which is containing the data you are looking for.

You can use tools like dvbsnoop to start looking ... if you know already on which transponder the data is broadcasted ...

But I don't do any development in this area, I just gift wrapped what was available for DreamOS.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• where is the CropssEPG source / developer community ? is it one of those at github ?
    I did not find a "proper" way to get dvbsnoop, not knowing if I needed a DreamOS package , or just grab a tarball from sourceforge, or it it needed to be compiled on the box, a clue please ? :smiling_face:

• are you serious ?

Code
    root@dm920:~# dvbsnoop    
    dvbsnoop  - a dvb/mpeg2 stream analyzer tool
    Version: 1.4.51/api-3  (Jul 10 2017 18:49:45)         http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/           
    (c) 2001-2007  Rainer Scherg  (rasc)  

For help type 'dvbsnoop -help' ...

Code
    root@dm920:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenEPG/armhf# ls
    crossepg_dbconverter  crossepg_downloadercrossepg_dbinfo       libcrossepg.so
    </python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenEPG/armhf# ./crossepg_dbinfo                 
    28/12/2017 20:02:00 SIFTeam CrossEPG DB Info 0.6.2 (c) 2009-2011 Sandro Cavazzoni (http://code.google.com/p/crossepg/)28/12/2017 20:02:00 This software is distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License v2.128/12/2017 20:02:00 Error opening EPGDB

or just wasting my time ???

• I try to help ... but if you have already such basic problems ...

• Moin zusammen,

ich nutze Open EPG für den freesat EPG. Auf dem Stockimage (dm920 OE2.5) hat es auch mit dem Setting 284 funktioniert (für die falsche sat xml im Stock).

Wegen den UK Picon habe ich jetzt eine aktuelle korrekte sat*.xml eingespielt und einen Suchlauf gemacht. Jetzt funktionieren die Picons, aber OpenEPG nicht mehr. Auch wenn ich auf 282 stelle im Open EPG Plugin.

Was mache ich denn falsch?

Grüße

Stephan

Update: Habe gesehen, dass die neue xml bei dem Transponder die Info "tsid="2004"" nicht hat. Ich glaube OpenEPG braucht die Info. Welche aktuelle Quelle sollte ich denn nutzen für eine sat*.xml :thinking_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von skullmonkey911 () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von skullmonkey911 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Ich versuche auf meiner alten DM8000 (mit neustem Newnigma2) die EPGs für die englischen Sender (BBC, ITV) hereinzubekommen.
    Das scheint heutezutage nur noch mit OpenEPG möglich zu sein.
    OpenEpg lädt auch die EPG herunter und konvertiert auch zur epg.dat - aber dann bekomme ich einen Systemcrash mit der Meldung " FATAL: LINE 168 descriptor not found in descriptor cache 3cbc8c14!!!!!!"

Wer kann mir da helfen? Was habe ich falsch gemacht?