• I am looking to change the DEFAULT timespan settings for a new auto timer, it seems the default Timespan is 60 minutes before and after an auto timer. I know I can manually change the timespan everytime I set an auto timer, thats why I want to change the default settings, I would like to change it from 60 minutes before and after the auto timer to 15 minutes timespan by default, I have looked in a variety .pyo files with no joy, can anyone point me in the right direction please

• dhwz: Nope, there is only an option for regular timers. But as I read it, the OP wants to change the values for "Only match during timespan" that are automatically set if you add an autotimer based on an existing timer or EPG entry.

This cannot be configured. And I don't see a reason to change this.
    First, this only affects new AutoTimers. Usually you don't set new AutoTimers too often (for me around 1 per 2-3 months).
    Secondly, a too wide timespan for the AutoTimer usually does no harm. This setting just means, that the matching EPG events will be limited by this time span. The resulting timers will only cover the length of the matching EPG entry (+ the global timer margin, as configured in expert settings as dhwz mentioned :winking_face: ).

so long
    m0rphU

• dhwz: Nope, there is only an option for regular timers. But as I read it, the OP wants to change the values for "Only match during timespan" that are automatically set if you add an autotimer based on an existing timer or EPG entry.

Yes you are correct I am looking to change the default setting of 60 minutes before and after to something like 15 minutes, I do set a lot of auto timers for the kids and their programs which actually repeat very often, and it's becoming a pain to keep changing the timespan, if I could change it in the relevant py file it would make recording more user friendly for the kids

• erm well what can I say, I am a total noob, I edited the file and ftp it back to my box, I then fired up the auto timer screen, I noticed that "Match Timespan" was set to 15 minutes before and after, which is exactly what I expected to see after my edits, the problem was as soon as I clicked ok I got the blue screen of death and my box died, and thats when I realised my problem, I am using OPENATV and I assume the above file is incompatible with OPENATV and that's why my box died, I assume the OPENATV version of the file is different? I have updated all my plugins so I have the latest version (I think)

Sorry for wasting everyone's time

******* UPDATE ******

ok, I am now sorted, I managed to ftp AutoTimerEditor.pyo from my box to my computer and then decompile it, It was indeed different to the one you posted a link to, however it did have the same "Timer Span" code as the one you posted, I manually changed it and re uploaded it and all is good now.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von n1cks21 ()