• I prefer to do other stuff other then python or sqlite, I am not expert with this things I admit, but I am telling you...if you parse rytec you will not get dvb-t with epgimport, try to believe it.
    You see...you take it as blame, I took it as suggestion for you to improve your work...... At this point I stop it here....and go with girlfriends for a beer.
    tschüß
    Satrunner
    PS
    no need to post service reference....you know what I am talking about. You can try with <channel id="Rai1">1:0:1:D49:1:13E:EEEE0000:0:0:0:</channel> <!-- Rai 1 --> if you want to. I will be happy if you fix your plugin.

• Rytec added quite some alias references for cable AND a few DVB-T providers, but off course you know better :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

The real point is that I don't want to puzzle around with the epg.db and it's Plugins anymore.

If you carefully read the original thread who brought me on that unwanted journey, you will realize that I was only so upset that nobody else took the challange, that I gave in and produced a working epgdb.py to show that it is possible with very limited knowledge (my SQL is ... simply poor) and how to do it.

Then the same discussion started with the OpenTV way of loading EPG, which made me upset enough to produce OpenEPG Plugin. And the whole load/backup/performance discussion has caused me to produce EPGdbBackup.

Finally both XMLTV and CrossEPG are Plugins which are partly so poorly written (tons of try: except just to keep it going, obvious bugs, etc) that I'm very resistive to change anything further and even rejected to use the original CrossEPG code and decided to use only the C code part.

The same strange situation has now happened with virtualized CI Modules btw.

Which really leads to your closing statement that beer and girls sometimes simply are ... better :thumbs_up:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• I am happy again, this because of the latest updates to the EPG part of Enigma 2.2. Now I can update the EPG using XMLTepg without shutting down Enigma2 then deleting epg.dat and start Enigma2 again.

The problem was that I needed a clean epg.dat because I got import errors when I used the full database with all the outdated events in it.

Zitat

- EPGCache: added missing update triggers, cleanup must lost entries in EPG database one time after aplying bugfix to the database
    - EPGCache: call VACUUM on database before enigma2 shutdown to save a lot of space in flash memory

DM.One AIO, DM920, DM7080 archiviert DM8000 aus Dezember 2008 und eine DM600.