Anpassungen für FULL HD Skin

• Wusste gar nicht, dass unsere fullhd-anpassungen an dmm geschickt wurden. Aber waren wohl eher die von zombi. Weiss nicht, ob wir das gleich gemacht haben.

Letztlich sind es ja vor allen screens, die auf menulist basierende listen verwenden wie choicelist, movielist, etc. diese sind halt fixer wie templated.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Ghost ich hab da volles verständniss für und wie gesagt es ist auch kein Euch irgendwo hintreiben Thread ,es soll einfach nur zeigen das es doch viele gibt die sich mehr Unterstützung im Bereich Auflösung und Skinbarkeit wünschen .
    Und es ist nur wünschen ,was Ihr wie macht ist Euer Ding ,wir können Euch nur bitten und haben halt die Hoffnung das es auch in diese Richtung mal etwas freundlicher wird.
    Ihr habt schon viel gemacht für die Skinner ,das steht ausser Frage nur hat man halt große Erwartungen gehabt was die neue Soft und Box angeht und man hat in vielen Bereichen halt das alte Zeugs vor der Nase und das dämpft dann die Freude für das schöne neue Schmuckstück :winking_face:

• Guys,don't waste your time asking here ,nowdays DMM it's only a shadow of the past.In the past,all the cool things and evolution of dreamboxes, was possible because of the community effort and the open source approach of enigma2.
    Now ,with the closed source DreamOs ,all of you are at the mercy of the DMM,because only them can decide what is important or not,no matter what you are asking.
    Nobody cares that your hard earned cash are paying their jobs,your opinion doesn't matter.But,if someone asks here on the board,why choosing dreambox over Vu+ ,everyone will tell you how magic and cool is dreambox,and how good is the support ,and how the developers will listen to you.
    So,in my humble opinion,you have two options: pay 700euros for an DM7080hd to sponsor DMM programmers ,and listen from them that your opinion doesn't matter, or sell your boxes,and choose another brand,where customers wishes really matters!
    This is my personal opinion,and I was a big fan of DMM for many years,but no more.DM7020hd will be my last dreambox,until DMM will prove that they deserves my money.
    Best Regards!

• da muß ich dir leider voll und ganz zustimmen.
    und auch ich bin (war) Dream Fan, und hatte fast alle Boxen, einschließlich der 7080 !

• Please stop with this closed source bullshit. The only thing, that the community couldn't change so far is HbbTV. Everything else can be changed without the permission of DMM :winking_face:

The topic of this thread is to ask DMM to help the community with it and put the FullHD adoption in the original image.
    With VU+ and so on you do not need to do so, because noboy is using the original images and they don't help the community with anything...

so long
    m0rphU

• Remark from me (as one of the creators of some of the adjustments for FullHD skins): In the last years, I never had a communication problem with DMM. Things that seem to be useful were implemented with consultation and often with the help of DMM. I'm not surprised, once again a free rider try to occupy this thread, with the aim to represent his own product in a better light.

Let's talk about whether it makes sense to implement FHD. If it makes sense, let's talk about HOW. Most things are indeed completed with changing a few lines of Python. Exception: font sizes for list widgets and HbbTV. Maybe the ability to scale screens (HbbTV) is a simple solution.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Dreamer-FLT ()

• Dreamer-FLT
    I respect your work on Nuke.Fhd skin on Merlin board.
    I also know about it is talked here , zombi asked politely to be implemented full hd skins directly in DMM CVS images,and the developers respond him that this it's not a priority.This is totally wrong ,practicaly you are forced to use an third party image ,like Merlin ,which is outdated and slow developed (latest release is in 09.02,today is 30.03).Some users don't want that,and it's understanding.
    Now,about me,I don't know where do you come with conclusion that I'm a ''free rider'' and I'm representing some company or another.I'm using DMM products from the first DM7000 with blue display,and now I'm using an DM7020hd.
    A few weeks ago ,I've bought from hm-sat two DM7080HD for two friends (they asked me what to buy ,and I said DM7080HD,and I could say VU+ Duo2 or any brand,at half of price,but I didn't).If you don't believe me,I can attach here the copy of invoice from hm-sat,it's not a secret thing.I didn't own ever another box beside DMM boxes,but now,after I tested DM7080hd ,at six months of the launch,I can't say anything wonderfull about it.It's just a regular box,with nothing in it,at least software,to justify the price.
    So please,don't rush with your conclusions,I'm not an enemy of DMM,only a simple user ,and as a userand fan of DMM, I'm totally agree with zombi ,to have a lot of features directly in DMM images,not only in Merlin,GP or any third party images.In this way,we can use always the latest release,not to be forced to wait for others to fix things.
    I didn't attack anybody,I only told my opinion.If DMM doesn't listen to their customers,what's the point in buying DMM products?
    I don't want to argue with anybody anymore,so I leave it here.
    Best Regards!

• It's our hobby. We have jobs to earn money. Please respect that there are times where we do not have time for dreamboxes.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• It has never been the philosophy of DMM that the root firmware contains all the eyecandy stuff from 3th party developers. They shall ensure that there is a stable base. If you want all you can eat, you have to use one of the team releases.

Of course we can talk (and we do it all the time), what features are useful to implement them then in the DMM releases.

For myself, I'm not sure if FHD is ever so stable for OE2.2 that everyone ist happy. I understand that DMM shunts the effort. Scaling of HbbTV, list box enhancements for Font Sizes, performance problems ...

Developers tends to move (not interesting for themselfes) implementations in the future. Maybe this could be interesting for them: I see that practical all new skins for OE2.2 are FHD skins. On the other side, I see in the pythons many exceptions with obselete code (who is using 1024x720 or 720x576 skins anymore) ...

The python part is done in less than one day, no matter. Listbox enhancement must be done by DMM. HbbTV is a matter of view. For ME it's slow and useless (ARTE), but it's a personal view.

The train is driving already with FHD skins, not least because the view quality is a LOT better due the fact no scaling is needed anymore. As long there is no clear statement from DMM that FHD skins are not allowed for OE2.2.

But viral development is always a way of trial and error. We all are part of it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

so here we go, after some fiddling and internal discussions this is what we (dream) suggest to do:

skinners will have options like these:

I have implemented a proof of concept for the ChoiceList Component and it looks fine so far.
    This should provide proper flexibility to skinner AND solve the some "random font size" issues across lists ;).
    We can add more default font sizes like "giant" and "tiny" if need be. But maybe small, medium, big are enough already (they're only for lists).

• Kann man so machen. ChoiceList.py ist ja eh ne Ansammlung von fixen Positionierungen und statischen Fontgrößen (gewesen), bei der ich mich nicht geniert habe, sie quick & dirty mit zwei GetDesktop Abfragen zu "bereichern":

Die wirklich nervende, offene Baustelle ist aber IMHO die fehlende Möglichkeit, die Fonts in einer Listbox auf eine genehme Fontrgöße zu kriegen. :winking_face_with_tongue:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ja, nur auf diesem Weg hat der Skin der Größen komplett in der Hand und der Code ist Auflösungsautonom.
    D.h. dass wir zukünftig wenn z.B. HD 4k etc mal aktuell wird nichts am code ändern müssen und ihr trotzdem 4k Skins bauen könnt.

Ich werde jetzt mal den ersten Schwung Components entsprechend Anpassen. Wird bestimmt so sein, dass man beim ersten Mal nicht direkt alles (komplett) erwischt.

• Dreamer-FLT
    Ich hab bei uns sogar noch bissl mehr rumgefrickelt in der ChoiceBox, dort kann man die Schriftgröße jetzt direkt abhängig von der itemHeight über das Skin verändern. :grinning_squinting_face:
    Die gleiche Vorgehensweise verwenden wir bisher auch bei den Listen.

• Da bedanke ich mich auch schonmal und die Idee das global zu setzen habt ihr ja schon angefangen mit den configs und das fand ich damals schon recht gut und hat sich auch gut bewehrt .
    Bei den listen wäre noch wichtig das halt nicht nur der font sondern auch die itemHeight anpassbar ist (bzw. Ist sie ja schon ) nur halt der bereich dafür darf im code nicht festgeschrieben sein weil man sonst abgeschnittene Schrift hätte und auch ist wichtig das der anzeigebereich länger wird,da ist bei vielen ein festgesetzter Bereich drin und mehr geht dann nicht anzuzeigen obwohl man ja noch Platz hätte.

Wie gesagt Dankeschön das Ihr euch dem annehmt.

• Ja und das haste gar nicht schlecht hin bekommen ,es muss ja auch nicht alles sofort gehen es ist aber schön wenn man sieht es passiert was in dieser Richtung und Feinheiten merkt man dann beim Einsatz und kann da dann danach schauen.