Flashing 500 HD with broken ethernet port.

• As I said in first post. I have tried this on Win 8, Win 7 and Win XP, same result no matter what PC I am using.

I have used the same cable as I am on my 800 SE, same result regarding LAN.

Have also disabled both firewall and Avast. Same result.

Led is constant green when starting up, then som rapid blinks while DreamUp is initiating HTTP mode, after that constant green.

- oddvarr - Peter Pan Team -

• Hast du noch einen speicherstick angeschlossen in der box oder wlan?
    usb platine entfernt?
    kannst du ein log machen?

• My 500 HD is not modified with the USB PCB mentioned in post # 17.
    So I have nothing than power cable and tha USB-cable to the service port.

I dont quite get what you mean by making a log.

• du kannst unter anderen mit putty ein serielles log erstellen, dort wird alles angezeigt was gestartet bzw. geladen wird was installiert ob es fehler gibt ect!

diesen log solltest du hier denn anhängen, kleine Anleitung aber auf deutsch findest du hier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuGyOoQUlBQ oder bei Google, bootlog+putty+dreambox

• It is this SSL I am trying to flash on the box. And still failing.

I know I must upgrade bootloader before I can flash a newer image. :smiling_face:

• war ein fehler meiner seits, Flash den ssl seriell (usb) und berichte!

der sollt ja übernommen werden!

das flashen des ssl und Image muss ja auch so gehen, ohne lan und wenn der ssl sich schon nicht flashen lässt...?

• I dont quite get this.
    Do you mean I should try flashing the SSL mentioned above using dreamup?
    If so. It is exactly what I am trying. And failing each time.

• entferne alle kabel außer usb und power und Flash den ssl wie ein neues Image und starte die box neu!

kommt eine Fehlermeldung beim flashen des ssl?

stimmen die comporteinstellungen?

• I have only connected USB and power when trying to flash.
    It is the same error code when trying to flash SSL as when trying to flash original DMM image.

I am using standard com port settings. But I figure it must be correct since DreamUp is recognizing the box when I turn it on.

• eventuell hilft ja noch ein biosreset, hab dir einmal ein kleines howto per pn geschickt, da ich nicht weiss ob das hier gewünscht wird/ist

• If it is a DM500HD V1 use SSL#84, If it is a DM500HD V2 use SSL#88.
    Only option is to use the serice port since your network is flawed. Download (if not done already) latest version of DreamUp. Download the latest original firmware from DMM for your box (take care to use the proper one V1 and V2 use totally different images). Download and install the VCP program for use on your PC/Laptop. This installes the Virtual COM port. When done, reboot your PC/Laptop. Once started again select COM1 to COM4 for this Virtual COM port. Make sure that Hardware Flow control is used!

Connect a mini USB to your DM500HD (but leave it powerd off!!), connect the other end of the USB cable into the PC/Laptop USB port. Now start DreamUp on your PC/Laptop. Select the proper COM port. Dreamup will warn you if it can't find the port.. When DreamUp has started succesfully click on 'Connect'. Dream will issue some info. Now power on your DM500HD.. If all is well, DreamUp will initiate the flash procedure.

Click on 'Flash'. Select the imagefile you have downloaded and press OK...

That should do it...

• I have the exact same issue. Any news on this? Broken ethernet-port, unable to flash with USB-only. Have tried all compatible DreamUp-versions without success. Also flashing just SSL and checking for bad sectors.

A5-serial. Prod. date May 2010.

Or can anyone point me to some info on fixing the ethernet-port? I can only find for DM800. The LED's doesn't light up at all.

Thanks

• For me this box is merely a paperweight for time being. Would love to get it fixed though.
    Someone said a clear sign on lunacy is doing the same action over and over again and expecting a different result each time. It seems futile trying this over and over. :smiling_face:

• I have a problem with DM500HD. When I try to switch it on, the front Green LED keeps on flashing and nothing shows up on the screen.
    I tried to flash the reciever but on Dreamup I am getting "upload completed, waiting for acknowledge.." and it keeps like that.
    I am using ver1.3.3.12
    Obviously I tried without network and without HDMI connection as per previous posts.
    I then tried to log the data from Putty, maybe you can help me sort out my problem.

• I had the same problem with my 500 HD and had to use usb and network at the same time to get it to flash .So you could try that , with the Ethernet connection being broken oddvarr won't be able to try this .