R01: No CA found

• I have dreambox DM800 HD se and this error is displayed on the screen. I have tried to use Dreamup to get it resolved, but it is still stuck at that error and the flash doesn't button is grey while program is waiting for acknowledgement. Is any way to reboot to factory settings or any other way to resolve this. I am enclosing the screen printout. Thanks for your help

• "No CA found" means, that there is a problem with the clone-protection of your Box.
    Either the Box is a clone (a illegal copy of Dreambox hardware) or the security chip causes any problems.

Did you ever do a genuine check with that box? If you're 100% sure, that this is an original one, you can open a ticket with DMM and I'm sure you're box will be repaired on warranty :smiling_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• I didn't check that out. But it did show serial number etc.on the box. I am in Canada. Is any way to check it out now since the box is locked?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could post a picture of your box without cover and hdd. that should usually give a first hint if it is genuine.

In rare cases the security card loosens which may cause the decribed behaviour on a geniune dreambox.

mfg ,
    Reichi

• I have got the same problem. It came after flashing my DM800HD-PVR with " Ferrari ver 86 bootloader" . The 800 stops after 2 sec
    displaying ERROR no CA found. I am sure it is a gennuine box, so what should I do ? regards Busser :frowning_face:

• You did flash a clone image! I'm quite sure this did mess up your box quite good.

Maybe you can try to flash a genuine image from dreamboxupdate.com via DreamUp.

so long
    m0rphU

• Only flash images from trusted source, like dreamboxupdate.com! On that way you can be sure you install software that is made for your hardware. What you have installed is not for original dreamboxes, it's for clone-boxes from china and will not work on original dreamboxes. You should be able to fix it with dreamup I think, but make sure you install the right software this time!

You also would not download your windows from blabla.com and use it !?!?

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• The dreambox seems out of reach for Dreamup and total commander ( ftp ). It only displays the errormessage,which pops up immediately after switching on. Perhaps usbstick flash will work ? Thanks for replies regards Busser :frowning_face: