OpenDreambox2.0.0 what xmltv EPG importer works?

• Hello.

I'm experiencing OpenDreambox2.0.0 with some addons. :thumbs_up:

It's good, but their is one thing that i really need: XMLTV import that actually works. :upside_down_face:

Anyone has a howto to get it work?
    So that the EPG (electronic program guide) has info from say up to a week?

Thanks.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• It's not installable/working (rytec), CrossEPG also not installable at the moment. (probably oe1.6 ipk)
    And i read on that forum that it is not possible, because xmltv import plugin from rytec integrates with image, and they say it's not allowed because of closed source license of DMM oe2.0.

So the question is: how can we feed our Electronic Program Guide with at least a few days of epg info. Now i only get from sat feed, and that is the next program, so then it's difficult to made timer recordings, because all info must be added manually. :thumbs_down:

I hope Dream Multimedia will come soon with a newer opendreambox2.0.0 image that has xmltv or crossepg plugin import support. I mean how do you want to use a epg if it only show next program.(or 1 hour ahead instead of say a week)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• I made a ticket forthis epg import topic.
    Ticketnumber is: 2012051410000423

I hope DMM will added this soon, because it's pretty important to have a EPG that shows all info for the next days.
    Because of creating timer recordings.

• The new epg- databases unfortunately is not as far as dmm developers would have liked it to be. At the moment chances are good, that you get a crossEPG- patch directly build into the closed source part of oe2.0 to reenable crossepg until the epg database solution is ready...

• Is there any progress on the crossepg import in OE2? :question_mark:

HerbyA

Dreambox 8000 mit Samsung Eco Green 1,5 T
    Buffalo Linkstation Live 1T, Synology DS221j und Twonky
    Buffalo Linktheater

• Apparently, using plug-ins can be downloaded TSPanel Crossepg, under oe2.0. Personally, I have not checked.

dm7080= DVB-T + DVB-C + Card NC+ + Cam CP + FTA
    /Maximum E85/Corab80/Maximum E85=46/45-42-39-33/31-28-23-19-16-13-9-7-5-1-4/5

• Dear Sirs,

currently I am not so happy with my DM8000. Baught as premium device this device turns out not to be able to receive EPG data from foreign satellite services like 28,2°. So I helped myself with a plugion named CrossEPG that worked fine with OE 1.5.
    With some tricks I got it to work under OE 1.6 - but with a lot of Green Screens and other problems (I have to reboot to load the data into the EPG database of the DM8000).

Since OE 2.0 is now closed source and CrossEPG is not working anymore and no other solution is in sight the DM8000 is really unattractive now. It would be even difficult to sell a premium receiver without a european EPG.
    OE 1.6 -> not stable
    OE 2.0 -> not available

I will not even test an OE x.x that does not contain a working EPG solution. For a receiver of 1.000 EUR I think there should be a solution available.

When will there be a solution available?

Please mind your comments like "Use OE 1.5" etc.

Best regards

Trembler

• There is no news regarding this subject. DMM is still working on an EPGDB solution with import interface.
    Even though there are various workarounds (i.e. Multibooting, or using another box with OE 1.6 for data collection and epg.dat creation, etc.) for using external EPG data in OE 2.0, none of them are trivial.

• Zitat

DMM is still working on an EPGDB solution with import interface

can we know the time required ? - thanks

Zitat

Even though there are various workarounds ...

are you suggesting a temporary system ?

• I cannot give you a time frame. Only DMM can.

As to the workarounds - you will need a box with OE 1.6 (either multiboot or directly in the flash of the box) and CrossEPG to create the epg.dat, which you then are able to import into your OE 2.0 image.
    In the meantime you could also use the EPG Update & Restore plugin (if the providers you need are included), which essentially does just that (import an OE 1.6 epg.dat into OE 2.0).

• Create the epg.dat with CrossEPG on an OE 1.6 image.
    Have the OE 1.6 image load the new epg.dat and write it out again at least once (else you will get an E2 core crash while loading it into OE 2.0).
    Stop E2 on your OE 2.0 box (init 4), replace the epg.dat with the one you just created, and start E2 again (init 3).

That's basically it. You can easily automate the process with a small shellscript.
    I have a dedicated OE 1.6 box that does nothing else but create my epg.dat.
    The solution is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

• Two week ago a team has published an image with epg working, although they say they wait Dream Multimedia for a final fix,i wonder how they do. Can't you developers do the same ? epg on OE 2.0 is a nightmare.

• Two week ago a team has published an image with epg working, although they say they wait Dream Multimedia for a final fix,i wonder how they do. Can't you developers do the same ? epg on OE 2.0 is a nightmare.

Still a workaround not a fix.

• Create the epg.dat with CrossEPG on an OE 1.6 image.
    Have the OE 1.6 image load the new epg.dat and write it out again at least once (else you will get an E2 core crash while loading it into OE 2.0).
    Stop E2 on your OE 2.0 box (init 4), replace the epg.dat with the one you just created, and start E2 again (init 3).

please can you explain in more detail how to do this step,
    thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ferdi47 ()