OpenDreambox2.0.0 what xmltv EPG importer works?

• Bschaar already gave you all the information you need, but let me try to clarify:
    ext.epg.dat is the file CrossEPG creates. You cannot load it into OE 2.0 without crashing it. It has to be loaded by OE 1.6 and written by OE 1.6 before you can import it into OE 2.0.
    During E2 runtime there is no epg.dat anywhere in the filesystem, as E2 deletes it after loading it.
    All you need to do is make sure that both your OE 1.6 and your OE 2.0 image use the same EPG path. If you use images that do not offer an option to set the EPG path, it should default to /media/hdd.

• Maybe DMM give the new driver issue a higher priority. (OE2.0 tuner snr goes to negative with no tuning result, after reboot it works mostly fine again).
    Hopefully a kernel AND tuners driver update :grinning_squinting_face:

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• Good news: CrossEPG is working on OE2.0.0 equal or newer then 8-12-2012)!
    (got it working here) :thumbs_up:

Of course you need to have GeminiPlugin 3.2 installed on (opendreambox) OE2.0.0.
    When GeminiPlugin3.2 is working check here:
    BluePanel > Addons > Plugins (system) (42) > enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg

Advise: Be careful with selecting the amount of EPG sources. Only select what is necessary, to prevent a full memory).

Thank you DMM for changing the (close)source to allow CrossEPG to work. :thumbs_up:

• Actually there is not need for GP3 in order to use CrossEPG.
    If your Image Team does not have CrossEPG on their feed, you can download it e.g. here.

Also - thanks to a bit of healthy nagging :D, there will be a small change in the next E2 tarball (courtesy of Ghost), that modifies the behavior of E2 concerning defective EPG data.
    From now on E2 won't throw an assertion (in other words: crash) when encountering defective data, but just warn about it.
    This makes CrossEPG with external data sources a million times more useful :).

• Today, 10-12-2012 their is another update of OE2.0.0 images .
    One of the changes is:
    - more robust handling for corrupted epg data from externel sources (e.g. crossepg)

So if you got OE2.0.0 already, do a update!
    in telnet do:

Code
    init 4
    opkg upgrade && opkg update
    init 3

Thanks a lot Dream Multimedia, for the fast action :thumbs_up:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• Well..CrossEPG do work excellent on OpenDreambox OE2.0. (thanks DMM).

But since a few days/weeks people experience that the source of XEPGDB from krkadoni.com is offline. (so it's not your enigma2 settopbox, but it's the server of XEPGDB host)

Does anyone know when they restore the "headers_url=" and "descriptors_url= " sources at krkadoni.com?
    Or does anyone know another source for XEPGDB electronic program guide data with working "headers_url=" and "descriptors_url= " in the xepgdb.config files?
    As alternative we can use rytec of course, but on crossepg XEPGDB is way faster then Rytec.

Here the forum of XEPGDB host: www.krkadoni.com/log/forum/index.php?board=2.0, I try to register their to ask krkadoni for any explanation why XEPGDB is offline, but the website gives a error.

Never knew that EPG import over internet is hosted by just 2 different domains (Rytec and krkadoni). I hope someone else know a working source for ...xepgdb.conf files with working "headers_url=" and "descriptors_url= ".

Here info of the xepgdb sources we can use now, but not available on that server: code.google.com/p/crossepg/source/browse/tags/0.6.2/providers/

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• There are 2 xepgdb sources, krkadoni and sifteam. krkadoni is the old one and was removed a long time ago from crossepg, i think. back to sifteam. I heard they switched the server. Therefore the xepgdb content is not up2date (25.10). http://crossepg.sifteam.eu/ The sources.xml is also wrong. It only contains 4 provider at the moment. push "update xepgdb" in crossepg and look at the xepgdb providerlist. :smiling_face:

for now you have to use the sloooooooooooow xmltv stuff. :winking_face:

• There are 2 xepgdb sources, krkadoni and sifteam. krkadoni is the old one and was removed a long time ago from crossepg, i think. back to sifteam. I heard they switched the server. Therefore the xepgdb content is not up2date (25.10). http://crossepg.sifteam.eu/ The sources.xml is also wrong. It only contains 4 provider at the moment. push "update xepgdb" in crossepg and look at the xepgdb providerlist. :smiling_face:

for now you have to use the sloooooooooooow xmltv stuff. :winking_face:

Many many thanks for your reply. I inform others too , thanks a lot! :thumbs_up:

• Please inform them, that xepgdb epg is outdated at the moment. For example poland xepgdb, download works well. You get x,yz mb descriptors, headers and so on but it's old shit and after epg.dat conversation and merging you see nothing. I hope sifteam fix this asap.
    In the meantime, we have to use rytec xmltv.