FIX the SUBTITLES NOW!

• FIX the SUBTITLES NOW!

Linebrakes in builtin subtext stinks. Do it all from the begining and make it right ones for all!
    PLi-team could do it so DMM should figure it out to... :kissing_face:

In 90% of all countries we DON'T dub original languages in movies or all other programs! Think of that!
    Do DMM know what I mean when I talking about "linebrakes"?
    Get on with it!

-Thank you! :thumbs_up:

• Do DMM know what I mean when I talking about "linebrakes"?

yes, they know what are you talking about, "Zeilenumbrüche" (unerwartet), can you tell me a channel you have problems with, no problems with dvb-subtitles on Enigma1, on "Das Erste" I´have seen dvb-subtitles with 4 lines, no unexpected linebreaks, are you talking about teletext subtitles? Enigma1 and Enigma2 have the same c++ source core, should be good on both GUI´s

mrvica

• On all boxes including the most simple cheap box for about 20-30€ this works as it should except on Enigma2.

Working subtitle:
    - This is an example line when person 1 speaks.
    - This is an example line when person 2 speaks.

On Enigma2:
    - This is an example line when person 1 speaks. - This is an example line when person 2 speaks.

Or often even worse

- This is an example line when person 1 speaks. - This is an example line
    when person 2 speaks.

This is only a problem with teletext subtitles and not DVB subtitles that some channels are using especially HD channels and burned in subtitles in the picture.
    So the problem is that DMM choose to add space for every line when it should be a linebreak. Please atleast fix that and many will be happy.
    There is another option and that's openPLi image that have working subtitles since long time ago and also teletext caching.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• As a workaround you can open the tuxtxt and go to the subtilte page. There the format of the teletext is kept. Only problem is, that more space of the picture is covered with subtitles.

• tuxtxt isn't an option. Internal subtitles must work.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• tuxtxt isn't an option. Internal subtitles must work.

they are developing new teletext (videotext) not based on tuxtxt, just be patient, the problem could be fixed till then, I have also problems with teletext subtitles (on tuxtxt), you may try HRT1 on Hotbird (12520V, 27500, 3/4) page 888 every day at 19:30, I dont need the subtitles, I acivated them just for testing purposes and I saw plenty errors, you probably wan´t see them because you don´t understand croatian , it looks like the frame buffer isn´t cleared properly every time, some words are faulty, I thought they just made mistakes by typing them in but it didn´t look like that, on other tv with built-in teletext they are shown correctly

me again: try built-in teletext of your tv, do not activate dreambox teletext, some tv´s will loop through teletext over scart, some only show them over tuner, over HDMI I never tested it, maybe is technically not possible, are the subtitles shown corrctly?

mrvica

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mr_vica ()

• Again tuxtxt isn't an option or teletext on TV. Should not be needed to have tuxtxt running with big and ugly subtitle.
    I want working subtitles without activating teletext and not possible on TV either because i use a projector as TV.

2SUB did a good job most of times but is broken now with Enigma2 3.2.

openpli have since long time ago working subtitles and settings for language etc now.
    DMM should talk with them to use their changes or atleast fix that damn linebreak that takes 10 seconds to fix.
    But i guess it's hard for german people to understand what the problem is.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

• Again tuxtxt isn't an option or teletext on TV. Should not be needed to have tuxtxt running with big and ugly subtitle.
    I want working subtitles without activating teletext and not possible on TV either because i use a projector as TV.

2SUB did a good job most of times but is broken now with Enigma2 3.2.

openpli have since long time ago working subtitles and settings for language etc now.
    DMM should talk with them to use their changes or atleast fix that damn linebreak that takes 10 seconds to fix.
    But i guess it's hard for german people to understand what the problem is.

Well the problem must be obvious, and now we are waiting for a change to please many Dreambox owner

• Still waiting...
    Stuck with old images. :thumbs_down:

4 DM500s - 1 DM600s - 1 DM800HD pvr | 1 DM800HD se
    Wave Frontier T-90 ||||| 19.2 - 13.0 - 4.8 - 0.8

• any progress in this case? can someone tell us if someone are working on this bug?

DM8000, DM800HDse, DM500HD, DM800HD. And a couple of old DM500s in the basement...

• I still do not believe that the German people understand what we're talking about .. very strange.
    How hard can it be? attach a great example.

google translation into German.
    Google-Übersetzung ins Deutsche.
    Ich weiß immer noch nicht glauben, daß das deutsche Volk zu verstehen, was wir reden .. sehr seltsam.
    Wie schwer kann es sein? legen ein gutes Beispiel.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

while the screenshots are very obvious it's hard to reproduce that without the actual source (video)material.
    Could you:

Record something with "broken" subtitles using your Dreambox
    AND "send" us that recording with a screenshot of what the subtitles should look like?

That would really help a lot.

PS: Feel free to upload a short piece to some sharehoster and just send me the url via PM.
    PPS: We REALLY do not have a lot of subtitles in germany and simply cannot reproduce it (unlike in nordic countries basically everything you can watch on german television is dubbed).

• Maybe I misunderstand, but that's what I have done
    screenshot is taken at the same time
    from 2 different dreamboxes
    screenshot 1 is as it should be (OpenPLi)
    screenshot 2 is (DMM's text)

how is it possible to record subtitles?
    the subtext is played up in the currently time from the box.

DM8000HD SSTT, DVD, 2TB HDD, OpenPLi 2.1
    DM500HD, LT7
    DM7000,DM5620,DM500 OpenPLi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Stefan60 ()

• Has a sequence of 26 seconds and 14.5 MB
    Can I email it to someone? or?

DM8000HD SSTT, DVD, 2TB HDD, OpenPLi 2.1
    DM500HD, LT7
    DM7000,DM5620,DM500 OpenPLi