Channel numbers not showing when browsing channels

• I set up the dreambox for my parents, they are not good with technology.

My father has a hard time changing the channels without the channel number showing up, he wants to know which number channel he is on.

I organized the channels in the favorite section and he can go between them but the channel numbers never show up, can i make them show up for him?

• 1. you have to create a userbouquet (dosn't matter only one or more), there the channels have a number (you can setup the order with e.g. DreamEdit)
    2. you need a skin that show channelnumbers in the infobar (as I use)
    3. when you have a userbouquet, you can select by pressing the number on the RemoteCtrl and channel will switch with short delay ...
    4. Don't forget to setup in the system settings into "expert mode" ! (watch the settings belong the channel handling)

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SiennaRoot ()

• I started a new thread because i thought you might not be part of the forums anymore, i just checked and you still are, which skin do you use that has the channel number in it? I created a bouquet and put all the favorite channels in there, and when i hit the tv button on the remote it shows a list of numbered channels but its still not in the infobar.

I downloaded EVERY SKIN available in software management and none of them have the channel number in the info bar :frowning_face:

1. you have to create a userbouquet (dosn't matter only one or more), there the channels have a number (you can setup the order with e.g. DreamEdit)
    2. you need a skin that show channelnumbers in the infobar (as I use)
    3. when you have a userbouquet, you can select by pressing the number on the RemoteCtrl and channel will switch with short delay ...
    4. Don't forget to setup in the system settings into "expert mode" ! (watch the settings belong the channel handling)

• This worked! But I had a lot of problems, i installed OE2.0 version instead of OE1.6 version i had to get out of a green screen loop by deleting the file, then deleting the OE2.0 file, then had to figure out how to delete OE2.0 package before reinstalling with the OE1.6 package version... this is very difficult for an american to do, i had to google how to do things then use translate.google.com to translate from german to english to do it... but i did it!!! also, a LOT of knowledge of how linux works is required but luckily i have had past experiences so it wasn't too hard for me to do....

I have a few more questions for you:

1- what is this OE2.0 and OE1.6 thing? How do i see which i have and how do i upgrade to OE2.0? (I tried googling, apparently everyone knows this and thus hasn't asked this question). If you can point me to a FAQ that explains everything, even if its in german, i would appreciate it.

2- Where can i find more skins that have the channel number in the skin? Is there a list of skins with channel numbers in them?

Also, thank you thank you thank you thank you!

edit: I realized why I was a little confused... its the fault of the dream multimedia german site.... If you click products, then DM500HD, then "information side" it lists Release 3.1.0 as the latest version, which is the version i have.... but if you go to the downlaods section of the website it lists 3.2.2 as the latest version.... I JUST saw this... When I went to install 3.2.2 it said i have to update the loader, and showed 2.0 and 1.6, so i am assuming this is what OE2.0 and OE1.6 is.... if i am wrong please let me know and explain question 1 (which i struck out because of this paragraph)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von blackjackel ()

• All official released images (numbered 3.x.x) are based on a development branch called oe1.6.
    They use a quite old Linux Kernel and are not developed any further. The last oe1.6 Image is 3.2.3, unfortunately you only find it on www.dreamboxupdate.com. It is not linked on the dmm homepage.

Since one year there is a new development branch called oe2.0. This banch uses current 3.2 linux Kernels and that is a little confusing as it happens to match the last official release numbering, but has nothing to do with it.

On oe2.0 there has not yet been a release- image, only so called experimental images (that can also be found on dreamboxupdate.com). They are beta images, but run rather stable. Neverthelesse some must know, that they are in deed beta, and that there might be things making problems that will not be fixed over night (though the developers do their best)

There is no possibility to update from an 3.2 image to a new one (most probably numbered 4.0), you always have to reflash (meaning reinstall the operating system).

New plugins and features (like hbbtv, browser, bluray- support (only without copy protection), cec) are only available for oe2.0, so that you have to install a oe2.0 image to get the newest stuff.

Now to the skins: there are a lot of images out there (they take the development branch and build their own packages with own settings etc. Could be compared to linux distributions). In eqch of the communities there are some skilled skin developers that build skins, some of them support channel numbers, others don't.

Their is no central repository for skins as they come from sources all over the dreambox- world, but in the images' boards you find lists of a lot of skins. One big community is i-have-a-dreambox.com, they have a special skin- section in their board.

Hope I could help you.

• Zitat

this is very difficult for an american to do,

@ blackjackel.Not to take anything away from this site,but there is a Dreambox North American site that may have some infos you can use.

• yea it's this forum ... have a look.

I can't add anything to that subject what explaned here before ... by the way, where you from ?

I've friends in South IL (Carbondale ) :smiling_face:

• Ah OK, I didn't know :smiling_face: