FIX the SUBTITLES NOW!

• Linebrakes in builtin subtext stinks. Do it all from the begining and make it right ones for all!

PLi-team could do it so DMM should figure it out to... :kissing_face:

In 90% of all countries we DON'T dub original languages in movies or all other programs! Think of that!

Do DMM know what I mean when I talking about "linebrakes"?

Get on with it!

-Thank you! :thumbs_up:

4 DM500s - 1 DM600s - 1 DM800HD pvr | 1 DM800HD se
    Wave Frontier T-90 ||||| 19.2 - 13.0 - 4.8 - 0.8

• Everyone wants this to be fixed and esåecially now when 2SUB doesn't work with newer Enigma2 and code is closed.
    Either fix it yourself or talk to openPLi guys to use their perfectly working internal subtitles.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• PLEASE!
    At least give us a reason why you don't want to do this!

4 DM500s - 1 DM600s - 1 DM800HD pvr | 1 DM800HD se
    Wave Frontier T-90 ||||| 19.2 - 13.0 - 4.8 - 0.8

• This should of course be working by now.
    If you choose to close the source code for E2 you should be able to keep it updated and working at least. How else are you going to be able to keep your users?

Please fix the subtitles!

• Maybe you should provide a better description of what you dislike and what you want
    to have?
    The first post is so vague, I don't understand the point (and I do use subtitles on BBC).
    Take some screenshots from FTA services on an easily (read: in germany) receivable SAT
    which shows the "malfunction". To make it even better, take a screenshot from the same
    FTA service with a "working" solution (or use something like Photoshop to show what you
    want to achieve).

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• On all boxes including the most simple cheap box for about 20-30€ this works as it should except on Enigma2.

Working subtitle:
    - This is an example line when person 1 speaks.
    - This is an example line when person 2 speaks.

On Enigma2:
    - This is an example line when person 1 speaks. - This is an example line when person 2 speaks.

Or often even worse

- This is an example line when person 1 speaks. - This is an example line
    when person 2 speaks.

This is only a problem with teletext subtitles and not DVB subtitles that some channels are using especially HD channels and burned in subtitles in the picture.
    So the problem is that DMM choose to add space for every line when it should be a linebreak. Please atleast fix that and many will be happy.
    There is another option and that's openPLi image that have working subtitles since long time ago and also teletext caching.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

• This is not a problem for me, couse i only use PLi.

But it would have been very nice to be able to try other images with correct linebreak in the teletext! So please make this work like it suppose to do.

Thanks in advance!

DM8000, DM800HDse, DM500HD, DM800HD. And a couple of old DM500s in the basement...

• Hi Leatherface,

I understand ... the teletext subs :frowning_face:

could you add screenshots from your listings in post 12, to see how it looks like ?

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

• It looks fine with tuxtxt as i said earlier it's the subtitle routine in Enigma2. It adds a space when it should be a linebreak so it merges both lines together.

In many cases it breaks that merged line to next line and you get something like this:

- This is line 1 when person 1 speaks and after this line it should be linebreak. - This is line 2 when

person 2 speaks.

First step should be to atleast change space to linebreak in the subtitle routine and it work as it should.
    But next step would ofcourse be automatic selection of a language for example.