Need a Dreambox

• how can i get an original dreambox 800HD se?

I live in Nigeria, Africa. I have been using other boxes but not yet satisfied. i read about dreambox online and I want to give it a try (with the original).

• Thanks for the info.

I will want to buy from Indiana, US. But can I ask some questions and get more knowledge on this forum?

1. I understand it has LAN port and analog modem for internet. Can I use the LAN port for the internet connection instead of the analog modem as I do not use phone internet over here in Nigeria. Will it work same?
    2. Is there any site I can get the satellites the dreambox works with?
    3. Is there any other thing I will need for it to work or it is a complete solution?

• 1) Yes, actually LAN is the preferred and commonly used connection :winking_face: I've never seen anybody using that modem port.
    2) I guess any satellite, if you have a proper LNB and there is DVB-S or DVB-S2 broadcasted.
    3) Depends on your demands. First of all you should flash an up-to-date image (how-to: http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…flashing-firmware-browser). The official images are provided here: http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.6/dm800se/images/
    For recording, an internal 2,5" SATA or an external eSATA disk would be fine. But recording on a server or NAS does it quite good too. If you wanna play around a bit, a USB flash drive is a nice gadget (for backup purposes, picons, etc.). Just read around this board and try google, there is enough reading stuff, also in English :smiling_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• 1. If you use a router, then it is no problem. The box is then like a PC a part of your home-network

3. If you watch only free-tv it works easy. If you want to watch pay-tv you need a special software (not from here - see board-riles)

• If I buy from USA I hope it works well in Nigeria. Can I request that all latest update (software upgrades) be made before sending it to me?

What is the recommended speed of internet connection that will work perfectly.

• For watching TV you don't need an internet connection.

For installing plugins, speed doesn't really matter. But plugins like MyTube (youtube-client) work best with a connection >1MB/s (just like on your PC).

so long
    m0rphU

• Hello everyone;

Please could you help me with advice;
    where to buy drimbox- 800-se-hd
    I live in Toronto and I have dish. satelajt to 110,119,129, and bev.91.
    whether it is my choice for a good for dreambox800,
    and how do I install it all, because do not know anything about the dream box receiver.

thank you very much'

pop :smiling_face: :question_mark:

• QUMAN
    Look into the release notes of the 3.2. driver release.
    There is something mentioned about experimental "Turbo FEC" mode for BMC4505/4506.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• @ kenatonline,yes,I am aware of that.The fact is that it doesn't work,just flickering signal on turbo-fec tp's,not even close to a lock.
    It seems that DMM may have intent to make this work,I guess time will tell.