Low internal memory

• :confused_face: I have installed to many packages and plugins and left myself unable to remove them on either the box and DCC telnet.

My error message is

export http_proxy=''; echo ">>> DONE <<<";
    >>> DONE <<<
    root@dm8000:~# ipkg-cl update; echo ">>> DONE <<<";
    Collected errors:
    * Could not lock /usr/lib/opkg/lock: No space left on device
    >>> DONE <<<
    root@dm8000:~#

I need some quality advice on removing the excess packages and plugins without having to do a reflash. Can anybody help over skype. I am known on skype as martyavalon

Thank you in advance

I have spoken to some knowledgable dreambox users and since fixed this issue.

I aquired the latest DCC and from their I removed excess plugins and extensions even though my DM 8000 only had 1 mb of internal memory from it's 60 mb capacity left. Now I will never allow it to drop below 2 mb otherwise you will get the green screen because the box shuts down and crashes.

Be careful what packages you install some will eat up memory and you can keep a check on your settings through DCC and monitor the internal memory from their. It may be time to flash a new image because some offer more capabilites than Enigma2.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mechhead () aus folgendem Grund: Found solution

• Just delete some plugins or skins via ftp. You don't need much, if you have a few kilobyte of space again you can use the normal way (ipkg remove bla)

Plugins are usually located here:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

and skins here:
    /usr/share/enigma2/

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• how can you use 200 mb of memory? uninstall all skin you don't need.

btw: ipkg has been replaced by opkg

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• The case is closed :smiling_face:

After he installed the new DCC2 1.30 he could remove plugins and cleanup the box and is running ...

he was still on a imgae from spring 2010 and used an too old DCC.

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

• This is fighting sympthoms instead of cause. The only helpful advice is: flash an up to date image and you'll have plenty of space. This will also solve the opkg-bug.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Thank you for all your quality advice with this issue but I can now report that I have updated my box with the latest firm and image which has greatly increased the internal memory but I can not tune in any sats as yet because maybe the DVB tuner driver is too old. Any thoughts about this will be taken on board.

• If you have installed the latest experimental Image, then you have also the actual drivers on the box.

it made no sense to install actual drivers on a too old Image with too old enigma2 !

Please post your antena system and which sattelites you have ... in the next days / weeks ? a new driver with tuner fixes will come.

so may be your problems can be solved, but it could be also an other problem ?!

so more info wil be needed.

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

• Now I am puzzled after a scan on hot bird 13 it has only found the smallest amount of channels and installed them which I was about to view with the box so now that rules out the drivers being not fit for purpose, but in the past when I scanned in using the manual config or auto it found and loaded all the channels that were there but now it has given me 58 channels on 13 out of the 700 or so it used to, I just dont know why I cant get them all back, I should of backed the channels up somewhere on the HDD DM box but cant locate them.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing they say.

I would like to thank the dreambox engineers who helped me through the recent difficulties I encountered when I upgraded my firm and image ware, I am now coming to the end of my present troubles and will from now on keep my box up to date with the latest software etc, I will continue to learn linux so that I can rely less on forum help. Today I had my dish replaced with a 90cm mesh type and I also replaced my motor with a Diseqc H-H NDX 150 with go to X capabilities. Saturday I am having a longer mast fitting because I am slightly catching the curverture of the roof on some sats, so I am raising it a further 500mm then I should have the lot more or less. This week has been a steep learning curve and I would like to thank the skype help I have recieved from Friedhelm.

Thank you

Mechhead

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mechhead () aus folgendem Grund: Closure