DM800 HD PVR : HD image freezes at startup

• Dear all,

I am using a dm800 hd since two years or so.
    I have a new problem since a couple of weeks without having changed anything (no firmware update, no changes in cables, subscriptions,... Nothing)

HDTV channels are displayed with many pixels and freeze (best case) or black screen (worst case) when I just startup the DM800. After a few minutes, pixelisation is less frequent and after 30 mins or so, it works OK
    Looks like the electronic device has to warm up a little bit before functioning properly.

This happens only with HDTV, regular channels are OK.
    This happens booth with crypted and FTA channels
    My dishe and cables are OK. I borrowed another DM800 from a friend and this one worked OK

Any idea, suggestions, remarks, help ?

Thanks

SEB

• Have you tried updating enigma 2 from the update software part of the menu to get the latest drivers as the information at the top of the page has been saying for the last couple of weeks ?

Zitat

Unfortunately, there has been a problem in all current software version of enigma2 which resulted in freezing boxes since 2011/05/01. DMM has released updated drivers which can be installed using the update mechanism in enigma2. Please update your software!

DM 8000 Beta Tester

• I tried different images from different teams, including official, including older versions that I knew to work.
    That's why I am suspecting an hardware issue.
    It only occurs during the first half hour after starting (resuming from standby) the dreambox, after that, it works OK for hours

• Cant think of anything that would cause that. Usually things start OK then have problems after they warm up if its a heating issue ???

DM 8000 Beta Tester

• I have had the exact same issue, and it degraded over time, to the point where no HD channels were working any longer. A couple of months later (only watching SD) the box stopped booting and would shut itself off just after "Dream Multimedia" was displayed in the LCD. The only thing that would make my box boot was when I removed the tuner, so I figured it was the cause of the problem. Having a bought a new tuner now it seems there are other problems as well. I get to what I think is the same place where the box would shut itself off, but now it just hangs forever with the red LED lit.

Since the box needed to "heat up" before, I suspect soldering is bad somewhere, unfortunately. Did you ever solve your problems?

• Not sure if this really says anything, but this is as far as the logging goes before it freezes during boot (sorry for the long post):

I don't know what special treatment it is getting, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lasa ()

• hi i am also having trouble with my dm800pvr.its stuck on bootloader and its just showing the screen enigma 2 and has a red light flashing.can any1 help please.