New Omikron (4-in-1) remote control

• I now have two dreambox 8000HD boxes in the same room.
    As the remote for one of the boxes is failing, I thought I'd be able to use one of one of the new Omikron remote controls, as in the DMM publicity it says:

"Quadruple code switching using a DIP-Switch makes it possible to control several Dreamboxes in one room"

However, nowhere can I find out how to do this, and when I contacted DMM they said

"sorry but we can't give support to this, as this is not an official feature!"

Since DMM won't help, can anybody else tell me what I need to do to get this remote to control one box and not the other. At the moment, it's just an expensive spare remote for my TV.

I'm very familiar with the procedure for normal remotes (9-8-2 followed by 0-0-3-1 etc and putting a value in /proc/stb/ir/rc), but this doesn't work.

Thanks.

• It seems to me that DMM are falsely describing the capabilities of this remote, as they say all you need to do is to set the DIP switches to control different boxes. This is not the case.
    Oh well, it's of no use to me - if anybody wants it they can have it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

IMS is mixing up the "luxury 4in1 remote" with the "new" black remote, which has been shipped with "newer" DM8000.
    To do what you like to do you need to install the MultiRC Plugin (hope it's called so).

mfg ,
    Reichi

• IMS is mixing up the "luxury 4in1 remote" with the "new" black remote, which has been shipped with "newer" DM8000.
    To do what you like to do you need to install the MultiRC Plugin (hope it's called so).

Yes, even though I haven't used it before, preferring my own scripts to be loaded at boot time, I have loaded the MultiRC plug-in, but the new remote doesn't respond to any of the settings. The only time it works is when I start the plug-in (with another remote) at which point I can select which of the four layers I want. However, NONE of them work with the new RC.
    I have remotes for the 7025 and both silver and black "new" remote for the 8000 as I have two 8000 boxes. It is the silver 8000HD which is failing, and for which I bought the Omikron as a replacement. I can understand your belief that I'm getting the RCs mixed up, but this just isn't so..

I am also familiar with mask0 set as 2 4 6 or 8 for older remotes such as that for my 7025, mask1 to 100,200,400 or 800 for the (normal) 8000HD remotes and mask2 (what values?) for the Omikron. I have absolutely no problem setting mask0 or mask1 to work with the relevant remote. But what nobody has told m is whether I can set the DIP switches on the Omikron remote to a specific setting, put a corresponding value in /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask2 and have it work one box and one box only. It will either work all boxes or none.

• I've sorted this out, and am posting for the benefit of anybody else who might benefit.
    The Multirc plugin script puts values of 10000, 20000, 40000 and 80000 in /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask2. For me, this doesn't work.
    You CAN control two 8000HD boxes individually without the need to program with a special piece of hardware, as was suggested in a post which seems to have been removed.

What you need to do is to put either 1,2,4 or 8 in /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask2 and 0 in both mask0 and mask1.
    1 corresponds to both DIP switches off, 2 to 1 on, 4 to 2 on and 8 to both on. That works for me.
    I have a startup script to activate the settings (as I have always had for the other remote types).

Why DMM couldn't have just said this, I don't know.

Anyway, all sorted!