Dreambox800HDse does not boot after expanding it's memory for plugins into external HDD

• Hello to everyone,

Could someone give me an advise please. Everything was working perfectly until I clicked on expanding memory in order to be able to download more plugings without exceding the internal memory. I choosed an external HDD for this purpose. It started the activation of HDD but got frozen. I switched off the dreambox but after switching it on it would reboot only half way and then the small window on it gets black and only a blue light is blinking. I tried to flash it through internet, but the dreambox does not respond even after switching it on and holding switch bottom in the same time. It shows it's IP address but still does not respond to flash though the internet. I have DreamBoxTools sofwer. I can connect with help of it though ftp to the filesystem of the dreambox. So it seems to be in a deep standby but nothing helps to reboot it. I also backed up the dreambox on my flash but I don't know how to restore it if the dreambox does not answer.

I would appreciate any help on it. :smiling_face:

• already tried to flash with DREAMUP TOOL using the usb-service port ??

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…/dm-800-hd-se-information

BTW: There is no official feature like to expand flash memory or to move plugins to HDD. So I guess you used some kind of 3rd party plugin for this?
    It also does not make any sense to put plugins on HDD ... the HDD would need to run permanently, no chance for standby. Also ... most plugins are only a few kilobyte ... there is more then enough space for hundreds of plugins. Only skins and picons should be a problem if you put too many of them into flash ...

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Thank you for the fast answer. I made some progress since putting my question. I unpluged my dreambox and later tried to flash it again though the internet. This time I seem to make rebooting, but in the end it's showing HDMI, Scart, YPbPr text in it's window and nothing happens.

I understand how to restore my dreambox from usb pandrive backup in case the dreambox works, :smiling_face: but how to do it when it does not boot? My reseach of this question had no success yet. :frowning_face:

Do you have some ideas what should be the next step? :question_mark:

• Zitat

This time I seem to make rebooting, but in the end it's showing HDMI, Scart, YPbPr text in it's window and nothing happens.

thats the setup-wizzard. you have to click OK on your remote control then and select HDMI/SCART or whatever you want to use ...

You see this on your TV too, not only display ... so just turn on your TV and follow the steps of the install wizzard!

• Oh no, I just realised that I should connect it the the TV first :winking_face_with_tongue: It's working :thumbs_up:

But I am still confused with this flashing from pandrive question. Please help me if possible. I am sure I will need it some day. I am using [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]. It has a lot of function and due to my curiosity I can crash my dreambox again. It would be good to know how to restore it in case it will go into deep sliping agan.

Thank you very much and have a nice day

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• I don't know about those 3rd party images and it's not allowed here to talk about it.
    Only support for original DMM Images, sorry. If you have problems with your image or their plugins you should contact the guys who made this image and support it.