Dreambox 800HD External Hard disk problems

• I purchased a WD Mybook 1TB external drive, which had USB and eSATA connections. I managed to get it working on the USB for a while, but I had intermitent lock ups where it would stop recording and hang the dreambox. However the USB performance was better than via the eSATA, which didn't work at all. In desperation I removed the hard drive from the Mybook case and connected directly via a SATA to eSATA cable. This at least worked, but when I ran some speed tests of the disk for eSATA and USB I am getting 4.96MB/s for eSATA and 12.76MB/s for USB disk reads. This is somewhat surprising as the eSATA seems 3 times slower than the USB. This would explain why I am getting drop outs in the recording's, but I don't undertstand why the eSATA is running slower. Also when connected via eSATA it the disk is showing as IDE.

Help greatly received as this is somewhat of a mystery.

Trevor54
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/eng_images/posticon.gif] 05.12.2009 11:26

• In desperation I removed the hard drive from the Mybook case and connected directly via a SATA to eSATA cable.

Hi, I had the same problems with my eSATA HDD and the DM800. After replacing the eSATA connector with SATA in DM800 for connecting my external HDD directiy via SATA to SATA cable, everything was fine.