AC3+ availability on DM8000 ?

• im thinking to buy the new 7020HD or 800SE will support AC3+?

In actual state : NO !

-------------------------------------------------------
    DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• I've just bought a 7020HD and I'm thinking about bringing it back to the shop.

I bought it specifically to watch the french HD terrestrial channels and I knew nothing about this AC3+ issue. I don't even care about it. I bought a DVB-T receiver and I'm expecting this product designed in Europe to work in all european countries.

I'm really disapointed by the behavior of DMM towards its customers. This issue has been repeatidly reported to them since 2009 and they did no progress on it.

DMM, please stop hidding yourself and tell us what are your plan. Do you really care about french people issue? If so, what is the status? by when could we expect to have this issue fixed?

---------------------------------
    DM 7000
    DM 7020 HD (?)
    --------------------------------

• Better look out and read the specs of a device that you want to buy next time!
    There are really not many Sat-Receivers that support AC3+ so if you really need AC3+, you should take a look at the Specs if it supports AC3+. It's a very special audio-format and only used by a handfull Television Channels in Europe. None of my receivers can handle AC3 and I have a lot, also from different brands like Humax, Technisat and others.

You should not expect to get AC3+ Support on a dreambox soon. It's not even clear if the dreambox will ever support this and I doubt the dreambox will support it one day. A few years ago they told us they will take a look at it, until today no progress so simply forget it I would say, sad but true! In your country you are very limited due to this audio-format and have to take care about support for AC3+, specially because no one else is using this format on this planet

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• In Spain the AC3+ have been used too and soon it will be the only sound format, so I think that it is not only used it at France. France & Spain are Europe, or not? I've got many decoders too, a simple dvb-t decoder buyed for 25€ support AC3+, only DMM boxes (I've got 7, from the first DM7000 to the DM8000) can't support AC3+. It's strange.....
    :winking_face:

Music Is The Best

• Its still only used on DVB-T nothing else. And if you say its soon the only audio format its still only true for DVB-T.

False ! Some satellite bouquets (like Bis TV) are also using AC3+, now.....

-------------------------------------------------------
    DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think nobody at DMM is happy with the situation but I know that there's no news available, yet.

Again, they know of the situation but there's nothing they can provide at the moment.

• Who says DMM doesn't want to pay the license, the just didn't get a license from Dolby yet. They can't implement it as long as they didn't get one, and Broadcom will not provide the needed microcode update without a proper license. CI+? Why should they support this restrictive crap. I think there is a solution for your providers smartcard too, even without support for the CI+ module.

And stop complaining about functions that were never officially announced.

No there is no solution for providers that are using CI+. Without CI+ support you will have a expensive FTA box.
    More and more providers are using it atleast for HD channels now.
    But problem is that the box need to be more closed before they will get a CI+ license.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3