AC3+ availability on DM8000 ?

• Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this does not work for the DM8000, event with the latest image - audio channels are correclty listed as "AC3+", but there is no sound coming out of the receiver :frowning_face:

• I would say 3 or 4 years of "no info" basicly means "you will not get ac3+", sad but true ...

I highly doubt getting a license and implementing it will take 4 years ... they probably don't want to spend the money for a license or whatever, but it's been 4 years now and if I were you, I would not have many hope anymore. They always said BLABLABLA and its not their fault but ... common ... 4 years now! If they really really wanted to implement it ... they would already have a license :winking_face: And I am pretty sure that if most of our german TV channels would switch to AC3+ tomorrow ... we would get AC3+ Support tomorrow ...

We have to deal with it ... and we also have to deal with the fact that they don't want to tell us what's the problem. Maybe it's because money, maybe because it's an "open source" box ... or whatever. But nobody can tell me that they are working on getting a license for 4 years now.

But like said, there are other unsupported images out there that have ac3+, so if you really need it ... switch to another image and don't wait for DMM

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Afaik the information that AC3+ works with DMM hardware on certain images was a misconception. The way I understood it when googling it a couple of months ago, was, that AC3+ indeed works with certain E2 images, but only with boxes from other vendors (as the AC3+ codec has to be licensed and implemented into the drivers to enable the SoC to decode it). And e.g. Pli does not tamper with drivers.

Of course I could be wrong - the above is just what I gathered from a quick Google search a while ago. Feel free to correct me.

• There are some (non DM) 8000 images that, while not able to directly decode the AC3+ channels, can pass the AC3+ stream to an A/V receiver. Unfortunately, my A/V receiver being too old cannot decode the stream, but I can see it is receiving "something".

As what "Homey" wrote regarding waiting four years with no progress from DMM, I totally agree and will remember it when the time will come to buy a new box.

• How about a temporary indirect solution: record the channel with AC3+.
    Then play the recorded file on a device that supports it.(computer?)

I suppose the AC3+ will be recorded, since a recording is a unencrypted dump of the signal.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• It's not true, because if Enigma2 does'nt recognize the audio type, it does'nt set the DVB filter to retain it after demultiplex, so it'll not be recorded

-------------------------------------------------------
    DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• I don't agree : a DVB Transport contains many services, many audio PIDs, many Text PIDs, ... and lot of them are crypted
    a recorded .ts file only contain 1 service ( 1 video PID, many audio PIDs, ... and is recorded AFTER descrambling
    Conclusion, it's not a dump to disk of DVB transport....
    many filters are applied on tuner source....

-------------------------------------------------------
    DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• Best regards from Spain, I am a customer of you, I have two decoders dreambox 800hd pvr model store bought Swiss electronica, official distributor for Spain, paid by both teams over 800 €, and now I find so you do not play sound DD +, when equipment more affordable to market if they do, I think a lack of consideration to all customers in Spain and other countries where they suffer the sound problem, because before also have had in france, all this leads to a distrust towards the brand, loss of prestige and sales, to the detriment to other brands that do not have this problem such as VU +
    If necessary would have no problems putting two copies of invoices or serial number of my two terminals.
    No more goodbye and wish a solution to the problem protagonist happens to us and that are discussed in all forums and social networks.

• It is incomprehensible that Vuo + duo decoders are capable of decoding DD+ sound and DMM 8000 not.

Bye bye Dream Multimedia, you have lost the game, checkmate..., Vuo win that listens to their customers.

Totally i agree with you. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• DM8000 and DM800 are currently not compatible with french terrestrial HD network .

can you add codec AC3+ ???

Again, could you please answer.

Thanks,

• DM8000 and DM800 are currently not compatible with french terrestrial HD network .
    can you add codec AC3+ ???
    Again, could you please answer.
    Thanks,

How about switching to French DVB-S2 provider or DVB-C ?
    I mean a switch to satellite (or coax provider if available in your area) is faster then waiting for DD+ support on your dreambox.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.