AC3+ availability on DM8000 ?

• It is incomprehensible that Vuo + duo decoders are capable of decoding DD+ sound and DMM 8000 not.

Bye bye Dream Multimedia, you have lost the game, checkmate..., Vuo win that listens to their customers.

Some illegal License from China? Uh? :face_with_tongue:
    Its not availabile on Marusys official Image.

• Zitat

Bye bye Dream Multimedia, you have lost the game, checkmate..., Vuo win that listens to their customers.

sorry, but you didn't understand. if there's no software devellopment from dream, all these boxes are only crap. there is no devellopment from this companies or distributors (VU is only a brand from a distributor and google warns you if you search the official marusys homepage). and do you see any devellopment on enigma2 atm? this is a result of companies like marusys. so what will you do if dmm decides to change to a closed source licence? you will stay on this level of your software now and forever and you can only hope that somebody of the community devellops something but don't buil on this ...

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• Ah, I see. DMM does not support DD+ because they don't want that other companies copy them. They are so preoccupied with the task that they forget about their customers. I've had to buy a DTT decoder (39 €) because my dm 8000 (1000 €) is not capable of decoding DD+. :angry_face:

I can understand dmm fight with some companies and with Clonebox, but if dmm don't help me and clonebox solve my problem, you can imagine which will be my new decoder.

Maybe I (we) need buy a Chinese licence and make my (our) own images...

Best regards

• Zitat

I've had to buy a DTT decoder (39 €) because my dm 8000 (1000 €) is not capable of decoding DD+.

What is with my TV? I've spend 5000€ for it and it only can handle DD but no DD+. It was much more expensive then your 1000€ Box. So because I've spend >1000€ for it, it's my right that this company has to add DD+ Support? And what with my 10 year old TV, I've spend also 1000€ for it 10 years ago?

So every OLD device that was expensive needs to add DD+ Support because we want it and because there are other devices on the market that can do that? Tell that my TV/Sony!
    If I contact sony about my 5000€ TV they just tell me that this device does not support DD+ and never will. So I guess DMM should do the same now so that this discussion here comes to an end finally. It doesn't make much sense. We know other devices support it but the dreamboxes simply do not have DD+ Support. So you bought a device without DD+ Support, now deal with it because you bought it! And if you really need DD+ support you simply should buy a device with DD+. That's up to you! Dreamboxes simply do not support DD+ (yet), so ... deal with it or buy your china clone box if you are happy with it

Zitat

DMM does not support DD+ because they don't want that other companies copy them

Never someone said something like this. You are posting so many bs ... I can't believe that this is really what you think about it. But well, in that case it does not make any sense do discuss anything with you because you will never get it.

Buy your f**king clonebox and shut up! Accept the fact that dreamboxes do not support DD+. If it's "incomprehensible" for you that some guys in china add support for DD+ without a license or anything like this and that DMM does not do the same, we can also not help you. DMM would never add something like this without a license because they can get in big trouble then, but clone makers in china don't really care ...

Cya

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Please Homey, calm down :astonished_face:

Your 10 years old TV is no longer in the maker catalog since 9.5 year, the same for your 5000€ Sony TV.
    DM8000 is still in production and the top of the line of DMM catalog so don't melt cats and dogs.
    And no, equipments with DD+ support are not all "illegal Chinese products" just because DMM is not able to get a license.
    Bis TV is in the middle of switching to DD+, so DMM boxes are losing one point even in the sat market and not only on some national DVB-T markets like in france or spain.
    Accept the fact too that customers of good products are grumbling before turning back and going elsewhere. It's even a recognition mark, but market law will win, be happy, they will no longer bother you and will go elsewhere.
    So yes, DMM is not supporting DD+ and will not in a near future. You integrate this and are irritated that other not. But don't forget, it's more simple for you, because you don't care about it ...

• @Tazmaniac
    I fully understand your need of this and also understand that you are angry about it, but what should WE do here? Remember this is a "user help user" forum, maybe you should contact DMM directly instead posting here. For sure it's sad and bad that dreamboxes do not support it, but what makes me angry is when people come to here and post that there china/korea boxes do support this (even without a license) and ask DMM to do the same. I know that some china clones and your VU Box do support this, but they do not support this officialy and don't have a license, so it's illegal what they are doing! This might be possible if you own a mailbox company in china or korea, but this will not work for a company like DMM here in germany. They would really get in big trouble really fast and probably would not be allowed anymore to sell dreamboxes anymore or have to pay tenthousands of dollars to DolbyLabs ...

So the best thing is that you contact DMM and ask them friendly what's up with DD+ and if there are plans to add support for this in the near future. There are not that many people who contacted DMM about this yet, so maybe that's the reason it's not on top of their priotrity list yet, but I only can guess. All I know is that it will not help to post this here in the forums because the guys who are responsible for stuff like this are not really reading these forums here, you only see users like me here or some DMM Developers (which already said they would add support for DD+ quickly if they have the required microcode for their drivers from broadcom [which they only can get with a license]).

DMM simply can not do it without a license and they don't care about what china clones or developers in korea are doing. If they want to add support for DD+ without a license, it's up to them but does not mean that DMM will do the same then.

Zitat

I sold my DM8000 and buy Vu+Duo and finally dd+ works

congratulations! Now it's just the question for how long :winking_face: I doubt Dolby Labs will be happy about it that the VU Boxes have now DD+ Support but don't have the required license. This will make some people really angry and you don't want to fight against a powerful company like Dolby Labs. And how long Enigma2 will work on your box in the future we find out soon. I doubt it will be very long anymore ... maybe there is a reason why development of e2 stopped a few weeks ago :winking_face: But well, I know that you customers don't really care about this stuff or if it is legal or illegal, it just has to work and I can understand you guys a little bit, so if you really want to switch to your VU+ Box now, then do it, why in the hell someone like me should care about it? All I know is that you will be angry about this decision in a few weeks probably. But it's up to you if you want to support illegal stuff like this, I really don't care! But I doubt that those companies will have success with this kind of business very long anymore. They make to many people angry with their actions. First they make DMM angry, even if DMM is basicly developing their software so it's really not clever to make those guys angry who are developing their software and plugins. What happens if DMM decides that Enigma2 will only be allowed on their dreamboxes only in the future? Or just tell me why DMM should continue to support those other boxes if they do so many bad things? Is there any good reason why DMM should continue support those boxes? It's their software so it's completly up to them! And now VU also fights against Dolby Labs and makes them angry too ... all this is not very clever from them - but looks like the guys in china don't really care about this ... but do whatever you want, I don't care.

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

12 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Homey, you don't need to emphasize that we are a "user help forum".
    Of course, we are also kind of an official news channel and do have close connection to and with DMM.

And as we and DMM stated often enough, the matter of AC3+ is definetely no sign of too little interest or efforts, DMM just has not been able to get the proper license, yet.
    If any other producer gets these licenses (or if he simply doesn't care) is not of our or DMMs concern, we can't help it.

If anything changes, our fellow board users will be the first to know, I promise!

• but in case dreambox is more or less open for users and we can use some side stuff
    (like keep af9015 kernel drivers from clonebox to able use external usb tuner on original dreambox)
    why similar solutions dont come for dd+? officialy not from DMM and they hands will be clean

• Hello,

It is the choice of DMM of not supported the dd+ and there are nothing to say on this subject.
    DMM make very good products nevertheless.

The most important thing, now the users have the choice and can turn to manufacturers who have made another choice.

And I do not understand why you speak about the clones, vu+ and ET series are not clones.

Products have different hardware and they are physically different.
    Nothing to see with China products.

Competition and the other manufacturers should be respected.

Bye.

• to capitalize or take advantage of someone's work has nothing to do with competition ...

there is nothing to respect ...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nuser ()

• Why would Dolby not sell a license for DD+ to DMM? Dolby's income very much depends on selling licenses. I can only assume Dolby's price or business conditions are somewhat disproportional. Am I right?

Mamba

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mamba0815 ()

• mamba0815,

offical statement from Dolby:

Do I need a new license agreement
    with Dolby to be a Dolby Digital Plus
    hardware licensee?

Yes. Consistent with all new Dolby
    hardware technologies, a new license is
    required to develop hardware products
    incorporating Dolby Digital Plus. For
    most cases, the basic royalty rate for
    Dolby Digital Plus in set-top boxes is
    the same as the basic royalty rate for
    Dolby Digital, so typically there is no
    additional cost to introduce the nextgeneration
    technology. Furthermore,
    a Dolby Digital Plus license includes
    Dolby Digital functionality at no
    additional cost if Dolby Digital is used
    for backward compatibility only. An
    initial fee may apply depending on the
    other licenses that the company holds
    with Dolby.

Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
    100 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94103-4813 USA T 415-558-0200 F 415-863-1373
    Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire SN4 8QJ England T 44-1793-842100 F 44-1793-842101
    dolby.com

mfg.

freeman

• freeman,

thanks!

So there must be other doorstops that prevent DMM from implementing DD+. There may be many issues, non of which we need to speculate on.

Mamba

• Yes, there is a DTS downmix plugin from the third party so I don't understand why the same can't be done with AC3+.

Has to do with the license. And so it's not allowed to use AC3+ signal.
    I'm having a DTS / DD(AC3) amplifier.
    So I don't use AC3 or DTS downmix(available in OpenPli2.0), but when more channels do use AC3+ I'm looking forward in sort of AC3+ to AC3 conversion in realtime over sp/dif.

p.s. I'm a satisfied OpenPli2.0 (beta) user. :thumbs_up:

• Which is the future about 7020 HD ?
    A nice hybrid tuner ( DVB-C / DVB-T ), giving beautiful HD picture, but ...... WITHOUT SOUND ?

-------------------------------------------------------
    DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD