AC3+ availability on DM8000 ?

• Hello, all

Any news about AC3+ audio codec ?

We're still waiting, to be able to use HD channels on DVB-T, here, in France

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------
    DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• It seems this question has no interest for DMM ?

Must we consider that'll stay 'as is' ?

DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• Is there any update or solution on this issue?

AC3+ is the unique sound standard for HD terrestriel TV in France. It means that the DM8000 and DM800 are currently not compatible with french terrestrial HD network ( nice image, but no way to have sound !!!).

Do french customer have to purchase other brand ?

Could you please answer.

Thanks,

Pileloup

• The decoder itselve isn't nessesary. It's passing trough to amplifier by sp/dif(coax&toslink) & DVI-D right? Or is the DM8000 blocking AC3+/DD+ output?
    The amplifier must support Dolby Digital +
    I think it would be cool if the DM8000 can convert a AC3+/Dolby Digital + format to AC3/Dolby Digital. For all those amplifiers that do support AC3/DD and no AC3+/DD+. Since DD+ is not backwards compatible with DD.

Or is this something for the image creators?

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()

• I hope most of german channels will move rapidly to AC3+ ! May be we'll at least obtain a status update from DMM, about this problem...

I cannot believe that requires more than 18 months to negociate a license

DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• Sometimes the truth is hard to believe, but it still is the truth.

tic, tac, tic, tac, .... And nothing ! :face_with_open_mouth:

DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• Zitat

Sometimes the truth is hard to believe, but it still is the truth.

Why other manufacturers in a very short time have products AC3+ compatible? If in Germany had already AC3+ channels, I am convinced that in 1 month to have it work, but the problem is ...

The day that a buyer or consumer organization put a complaint for to sell products that don't comply with European standards, the things will be change.

The 8000 is the last product that I buy to DM, I'm already tired of being taken for stupid, and like me, many of us are tired of this situation.

Regards

• It's really a shame :

Some people have ported Enigma2 (writing required drivers themselves) to Azbox

They've patched E2 to correctly process PMT and extract correctly AC3+ audio streams

And AC3+ works on it, now

With the same chipset inside their boxes, DMM does'nt take time to do.
    I'm really disapointed.

I think my post will be dropped, and I'll be banned, for this post, but I cannot continue to agree this comportment, from a leader of its market.

DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• but dmm can't go "this" way ...

they have to go the official way with the licence from dolby and when doesn't give their ok all you french users look into a black tube. so don't cry here. ask dolby what's the problem to give dmm a licence they ask for. do you really think, that dmm is happy about that? i think it's hard to sell dreamboxes in french atm ...

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• Just a precision : Azbox has a license for AC3+ (with their official firmware) : It works from the beginning !

The problem with DMM is : they promised to give feedback, but nothing about this.
    Now, another french bouquet , on satellite ( Bis TV ) is making tests to move to AC3+ on their offer
    All DM customers will be soon in a dead end with this

DM7020S
    DM8000 HD PVR DVD
    Many ITGATEs, Technomate
    Azbox HD
    ABCOM IP9000 HD

• drivers clarke-tech Et9000:

[Moderator] Link is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]

Changelog:

-AC3+/DDP support (use AUDIO_SET_BYPASS_MODE 0x22)

3 or 4 months clarcke-tech have license
    dreambox 2 years and no licence

no more lies please

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• in Spain, TVE HD in DTT is your sound in DD+. is the same problem: DMM no want to pay the lisence of DD+ sound and the CI+. The provider terrestial in Spain, goltv, the pcmcia is CI+, and no work with DM.

I think is not correct to leave users of DM. I have a DM8000, and is a very expensive machine, and i hope to have suport.

obviously there are other types of audio as good as the DD + and also are free, but the DM brand can not be behind in implementing this audio.

• in Spain, TVE HD in DTT is your sound in DD+. is the same problem: DMM no want to pay the lisence of DD+ sound and the CI+. The provider terrestial in Spain, goltv, the pcmcia is CI+, and no work with DM.

I think is not correct to leave users of DM. I have a DM8000, and is a very expensive machine, and i hope to have suport.

obviously there are other types of audio as good as the DD + and also are free, but the DM brand can not be behind in implementing this audio.

Who says DMM doesn't want to pay the license, the just didn't get a license from Dolby yet. They can't implement it as long as they didn't get one, and Broadcom will not provide the needed microcode update without a proper license. CI+? Why should they support this restrictive crap. I think there is a solution for your providers smartcard too, even without support for the CI+ module.
    And stop complaining about functions that were never officially announced.

• We know what are the features supported by the 8000 officially, that I give to you the reason, but a mark of prestige dreambox can not lag behind in updates of this type. All marks of television have updated their FIRMS to decode the audio, not even two months have been slow. However, dreambox takes more than a year with this problem and understand you that it is not normal what is happening.

PD: VU DUO already have DD + sound in their decoders and is also enigma 2 :kissing_face: :kissing_face: :kissing_face: :kissing_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ARNOLD65 ()

• It is incomprehensible that Vuo + duo decoders are capable of decoding DD+ sound and DMM 8000 not.

Bye bye Dream Multimedia, you have lost the game, checkmate..., Vuo win that listens to their customers.