DVB T Services XML - New Zealand

• Hi there.

Ren from New Zealand here.

I have compiled a Terrestrial.xml file for DVBT services that are available in New Zealand.

Reading the Satellites XML it mentions that all new services can be reported to Dream-multimedia-tv.de board -"Regional Standards"

I have the file here and would like Dream to add it to the next release.

The Box i am running is a DM8000 using Phillips DVBT Tuners.

Please find Terrestrial.xml file attached..

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Ren

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Ren,

thank you for submitting your XML file. It looks like your list of frequencies is a subset of "Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies". Did you already try that? If it works, which I suppose it should, It would probably be best to just rename the existing entry to include New Zealand (or Oceania, if applicable).

• Hi Obi.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually to be honest, i didnt do a cross reference between the original Terrestrial.Xml and the New Zealand xml i created.

I can confirm that when i initially put the 8000 through a Scan using the stock Terrestrial xml, it wouldnt lock any of our local services.

It was following this that i ftp'd into the box and viewed/edited the xml to suit our service frequencies.

The xml i have created covers all available regions for our DTT services in New Zealand.

Basically i entered in the Freqs and selected Constellation :2 - QAM 64 as per Nz Specification.

Cheers

Ren

• <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- useable flags are
    1: Network Scan
    2: use BAT
    4: use ONIT
    8: skip NITs of known networks
    and combinations of this.
    -->
    <!-- transponder parameters:
    bandwidth: 0 = 8 MHz, 1 = 7 MHz, 2 = 6 MHz, 3 = Auto (unsupported, default)
    constellation: 0 = QPSK, 1 = 16-QAM (default), 2 = 64-QAM, 3 = Auto
    code_rate_{lp,hp}: 0 = 1/2, 1 = 2/3, 2 = 3/4, 3 = 5/6, 4 = 7/8, 5 = Auto (default), 6 = None
    guard_interval: 0 = 1/32, 1 = 1/16, 2 = 1/8, 3 = 1/4, 4 = Auto (default)
    transmission_mode: 0 = 2K, 1 = 8K, 2 = Auto (default)
    hierarchy_information: 0 = None, 1 = 1, 2 = 2, 3 = 4, 4 = Auto (default)
    inversion: 0 = Off, 1 = On, 2 = Auto (default)
    -->
    <!--
    Please report missing frequencies and pointers to regional
    standards to http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/ I turned to this address ! I was right ? Please tell me where I can download -to-date list of their region here? If this is not here I will not fool your head !

• You can't. As it's stated in the text you posted you have to let DMM know about missing data.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• thanks! I got it! I mean it is necessary to look elsewhere! requezt a moderator please delete my posts they have already sense Thank you all who responded .