HDMI connection lost

• Hello,

I recently installed the new dreambox 20091014 drivers and discovered something strange, when watching tv the hdmi connection was suddenly lost, scart signal was still working. after putting device in and out of standby the problem was solved, also pulling hdmi connector out and in again did solve the problem. This problem did occur approximately 2 times a day and only occured with the latest software, after downgrading to the drivers beneath the problem looks solved...

Is this a bug you know of or is this something new for you?

Hope to hear from you soon.

• Ghost,

When i have the time to do so i'm going to try that.

What does this software do, before i install it i want to know what it does!

My output mode is 1080i

I do not have the autoresolution plugin installed, what do you mean by autoresolution, cannot find that option.

My current software is 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800-20090907-r0 do i first have to install the latest software or can i use current to install the program on?

ps. there are more people with the same problem, i am not the only one!

Thanks in advance.

• ghost,

I try to update the software but i get the following message.....

Code
    root@dm800 /tmp # ipkg install dreambox-dvb-modules_2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800-20091005-r0_dm800.ipk
    Upgrading dreambox-dvb-modules on root from 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800-20090907-r0 to 2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800-20091005-r0...
    Nothing to be done
    Collected errors:
    Multiple packages (dreambox-dvb-modules and dreambox-dvb-modules) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest.
    Multiple packages (dreambox-dvb-modules and dreambox-dvb-modules) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest.
    Package dreambox-dvb-modules md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.
    root@dm800 /tmp #

What can i do to solve this problem??

• did that yesterday

ipkg remove dreambox-dvb-modules

after 10 minutes still nothing, restart resulting in a crash, had to flash firmware again........

• for sure it crashes if you restart the box after uninstalling all drivers :face_with_tongue:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Hello,

After a while i installed the drivers of 05-10-2009, see info beneath!

When i was watching the dutch RTL7 channel the HDMI connection with the new driver was lost again after ca. 20 minutes of watching TV.

It seems to be a driver problem.

What can i do to help fixing this problem?

Thnx in advance.

• already tried another HDMI Cable or Input on TV !?

If it would be a driver only problem ... more people would have this problem? Currently you seem to be very lonly with this problem so I would also check hardware, try another (better) HDMI Cable, another input on TV ect.

Specially because you say that it helps if you unplug cable and plug it in again ... the driver doesn't do anything when you do this, so the signal is always there ...

for me it sounds like a bad HDMI Cable ... how long it is? More then 3metres?

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• I tried a new DVI-HDMI cable, same problem, other HDMI input, same problem......

There are more people with the same problem but the forums are in dutch..

[Moderator] Link is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]

I just think people won't recognize the problem but at least 10 people on the forum have the same problem, even one has sent his box back to dream multimedia for repairs.......

unplug and replug hdmi cable helps and in and out standy too. Especially it seems to go wrong with the dutch RTL channels.

ps scart output when HDMI signal is gone is still working well....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Hello, I have my box 2 weeks and the error occures the last days 1 time/day as descibed in not regular times. I am watching TV and the TV screen becomes blue. Changing the TV channel doesn't help. Sound is fine on each program. Plug in the HDMI cable directly to both HDMI IN TV connections doesn't help. Standby and back brings the picture back.

Since yesterday evening: box several hours (2-4) on, no picture, standby and back not working, plug off power-wait 10 sec- plug in, saw frozen TV picture from the last seen TV programm. Amazing, isn't' it ? Same procedure with wait time of 1-2 min-same result.

Today it is booting, must check HD and log and so on.

______________________________________________________________________________

DM800 HD PVR / HDD: WD500 GB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von klima2002 ()

• I tried the drivers from 5-11 and even there the same problem.

On another forum someone told me to install the drivers of 6-11, he had installed them and did not have that problem since.

I am going to install them to and i'll let you all know.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

have anyone tried the latest 2.6.1 Release?

Fixes this the issue?

You can download it here -> http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.5/dm800/images/

And please dont try multiboot or other things. The best for us to sorting out a Problem is that the Problem is reproducable on a clean Image from our site.. booted from normal flash.. and dont from any external multi boot solution.. and without changed kernel cmdline.. or other things..

cya!

• Hi,

Ich habe jetzt eine letzte CVS mit treibers von 25112009 geflashed. Flash gut abgelaufen. Nach dem reboot die Erst einstellungen probieren zu machen. Erste frage mit DVI beantwortet und wenn ich dannach 1080i wählen ist meiner HDMI signal weg. Alles was ich sehe ist ein schwartzes full hd bildschrim. Der full HD bildschirm aus und dann wieder anschalten hilft nichts, bekomme nichts mehr zu sehen und muss die erst einstellung beenden durch stecker zu siehen. Es geht wieder grossartig. :pouting_face: :thumbs_down:

mfg Jan